DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Two new DJI Drones : Racing / Industrial

I have a feeling its not going to do well, I mean the hardcore DJI guys will probably still buy it but there so many options out there for racing drones, if this thing is expensive then forget it, RTF Racing drones you can get for $350 on down and building your own even cheaper.

I have a feeling its not going to do well, I mean the hardcore DJI guys will probably still buy it but there so many options out there for racing drones, if this thing is expensive then forget it, RTF Racing drones you can get for $350 on down and building your own even cheaper.
Not sure about it's success, but I agree..pricing will be key here.

flying a racing drone is like flying a $25 mini toy drone (unpredictable)... unless you have a BIG open space expect to crash crash and crash... it's not like the Mavic it won't be avoiding obstacles.

also keep in mind these are all modules not full drones, you still have to build it.

There's nothing like flying FPV down low and dirty through the trees and then coming out for a couple rolls and flips before going back in . For awhile now my favorite AC for this is the Vector 280 racing quad . They are also nothing like a camera drone with a delicate gimbal that you have to worry about . They can take abuse and keep going . You do have to learn to really fly though . Full manual mode with the goggles is like you're in a X-Wing protecting the Rebal base ,LOL

When you build one, it depends on the parts and the quality of them. My aliens were about $500 or so just for the frame and electronics. You can get cheaper RTF kits, but they don't perform as well, and its harder to get parts to fix them when you crash (which you will).

It depends on who DJI wants to market this thing too. I think they should offer the frame and electronics separately, and avoid making it as proprietary as possible. Because the racing FPV crowd is all about customization and changing out parts. That or target the RTF crowd who want to get into FPV but not into building quads.

I would like to get my hands on the frame, and Kiss it out :).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d