DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upcoming Update - Clarification

If you read the 'What's Changed' blurp on the IOS app store updates page it is the last line that bothers me.....
"Added a feature that allows No-Fly Zones to be updated in 'Real Time'. This means they can add a no fly zone and it will be in effect on your Mavic at once, not waiting for the next firmware update. You could be flying along and suddenly find yourself grounded if you fly connected to the net (which I don't)

You're not thinking this through like the Chinese want you to. It's quite evident that the DJI people know exactly what "SUFF" is and you should to.

"STUFF" in Chinese lingo means, Scientific Totally Unnecessary Flying Firmware.

Bud
"STUFF" in Chinese lingo means, Scientific Totally Unnecessary Flying Firmware
I LOVE IT lolllll Good one !!!!

My post will probably be removed like its been before when I suggest rooting the mavic. If we can root the mavic we can OWN it. Go on to reddit where you can find a rooting post for mavic.

Reactions: wayy510
Hey All,
Well we can all buy a yuneec
I am reading lots about this upcoming update that DJI are soon to release. Personally, as long as i can fly then ill go with it.

What i need clarificaion on is...

I understand that once the update is out, you need to login etc and accept the T&C's etc which in turn will allow you continue flying as if nothing had changed. All done at home with a wifi connection etc.

What happens a few days later when i am out and about with no internet connection? Is it a case of do the above and you're good to go and fly?

I use a iPAD mini 2 and prior to flying i cache all the mapping in the area where i am going - so never need to rely on a cellular signal once i start flying.

If someone could just clarify this point, it would be apprecaited

Hey All,

I am reading lots about this upcoming update that DJI are soon to release. Personally, as long as i can fly then ill go with it.

What i need clarificaion on is...

I understand that once the update is out, you need to login etc and accept the T&C's etc which in turn will allow you continue flying as if nothing had changed. All done at home with a wifi connection etc.

What happens a few days later when i am out and about with no internet connection? Is it a case of do the above and you're good to go and fly?

I use a iPAD mini 2 and prior to flying i cache all the mapping in the area where i am going - so never need to rely on a cellular signal once i start flying.

If someone could just clarify this point, it would be apprecaited

How do you cache the map area you are going to?

You're not thinking this through like the Chinese want you to. It's quite evident that the DJI people know exactly what "SUFF" is and you should to.

"STUFF" in Chinese lingo means, Scientific Totally Unnecessary Flying Firmware.

Bud
No its more like Still Totally Useless Flying Firmware

Bottoms line DJI is covering their arses that they are doing the "right" thing and providing all the support and resources that you fly safe, if you don't do what they say, yes they can limit your experience. Right now its just a simple Sign on but because they are doing this once what is stopping them from going further with additonal limitations, "if you don't do this, we limit your experience" that is my biggest worry not what they are doing now but later. IT is clear they are protecting themselves from huge lawsuits because of overseas psychos using the phantoms for war machines and terrorism. This is where its all coming from and probably pressure from governing bodies, They made it clear they are working with the FAA and likely other aviation authorities worldwide...So in summary, for now I don't see this as a problem but it can easily turn into a super regulated company working in tandem with Governments all for the mighty dollar because its easy for any country to ban sale and distribution of their products. Tell me DJI , I nailed it right!!?

I have not elected to upgrade anything and I can no longer fly with FPV. Now, I do not know if this is actually just some glitch that is happening with my equipment or if it is part of this forced software upgrade but the timing is suspicious.

I have not elected to upgrade anything and I can no longer fly with FPV. Now, I do not know if this is actually just some glitch that is happening with my equipment or if it is part of this forced software upgrade but the timing is suspicious.
Actually you should be able to use it up to 100m with FPV, so likely a glitch or maybe this is what they have done when you don't upgrade..it will be interesting to see the general consensus..I had not problems but I signed in and have all the updates..didn't change the way I fly.

If you fliy legally, you don't have anything to worry about.

Another useless post from a person who will swear they have NEVER broken a rule or law in their life.
You don't need to worry about the new restriction because you probably fly in the confines of your tiny backyard so as to make sure you don't get into trouble.

Reactions: wayy510
IT is clear they are protecting themselves from huge lawsuits because of overseas psychos using the phantoms for war machines and terrorism.

Lets not forget the "tools" that fly them over airports, inside stadiums, over active fires or emergency activities. No sheitt, some schmuck from Korea flew one inside a temple here in Thailand and lost control of it and it bounced off the walls and hit some people.

I am in no way supporting DJI's business behavior but....I do understand. All it takes is one person to "kill" or cripple someone and let the lawsuits begin. As they say..."Its all fun and games until someone gets hurt"

Reactions: Nikon1 and Anthonyk
I still haven't seen the so called maditory update yet. I did find an update in the Google play store for the go4 app and I did update. The only change I noticed was that it added the new Spark drone in the app. Was this the dreaded update I'm hearing about or is it just a update to add the spark to the go4 app? I have no issue with dji making safety a mandatory thing but taking away what we paid for is OUT OF THE QUESTION!! I'll fly a different drone than any dji drone before I allow them to rip us all off. I bought the Mavic because of its stayed capabilities. Take those away and I'll bash dji for life on every social media platform available!!! I WILL COST THEM SALES, I PROMISE YOU THAT!!

I still haven't seen the so called maditory update yet. I did find an update in the Google play store for the go4 app and I did update. The only change I noticed was that it added the new Spark drone in the app. Was this the dreaded update I'm hearing about or is it just a update to add the spark to the go4 app? I have no issue with dji making safety a mandatory thing but taking away what we paid for is OUT OF THE QUESTION!! I'll fly a different drone than any dji drone before I allow them to rip us all off. I bought the Mavic because of its stayed capabilities. Take those away and I'll bash dji for life on every social media platform available!!! I WILL COST THEM SALES, I PROMISE YOU THAT!!
What will really cost DJI sales is if a country bans drone sales (or just makes flying them illegal).

Reactions: Nikon1 and TerryJ
What will really cost DJI sales is if a country bans drone sales (or just makes flying them illegal).
I pursue happiness as I see fit. The constitution gives me that right. Our completely out of control government can eat a fat one!! The government was given certain powers to govern, anything beyond those enumerated powers is overreach and illegal and NULL & VOID of any legal authority. Remember, WHAT WE ALLOW IS WHAT WILL CONTINUE!! It's time for Americans to take our country back from this corporate corrupt so called representative gov!!

I pursue happiness as I see fit. The constitution gives me that right. Our completely out of control government can eat a fat one!! The government was given certain powers to govern, anything beyond those enumerated powers is overreach and illegal and NULL & VOID of any legal authority. Remember, WHAT WE ALLOW IS WHAT WILL CONTINUE!! It's time for Americans to take our country back from this corporate corrupt so called representative gov!!
Go buy some more tin foil. You'll feel better.

Reactions: Nikon1
While this thread is on a bit of a tangent, As an native born and raised US citizen i have watched our say in things diminish to virtually nothing. Sure we have our constitution but what does that outdated document really mean nowadays? We can scream and threaten all we want but little, if anything, comes from it.

The US has become a "we hear you, thanks for your input now STFU and quit complaining" country. As has been for years. Money controls the vote and outcome.

FYI, I did the update and flew my MAVIC like before without incident..If there is a future firmware that will apparently take control of my MAVIC according to NFZ instituted by each countries by laws, such as being 75 meters from building, or 9KM from Aerodrome, which would in fact ground most Canadians from flying their drones, and ground your device I will eat my shorts live on Ytube, sure if you are 1 mile from International airport, I can see them grounding you and why not, you shouldnt be flying but I'm still confident they won't do this, because lets say you live 1 mile from aiprot but you just want to test your MAVIC and fly 5 feet and land...I doubt they will not let you do this....(well my ex girlfriends edible panties hahaha)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661