DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UPDATED - NEWEST DJI FIRMWARE impacting Mavic Pro Autopilot Waypoint Missions

Ok, tested with same results but man am I having difficulty figuring out the proper way to focus the Mavic. Video does not seem that sharp and horrible when imported into Final Cut Pro.

Hangar has announced today on their website that DJI has released new firmware for the "Mavic" that resolves the erratic flight behavior their prior firmware introduced. See their website for specific details but for those of us flying Mavic with Autopilot, it appears the issue has been resolved

Great news, and confirmation via email...

Issue Resolved with Mavic Pro
The latest DJI firmware update (v01.03.0600) now supports Mavic Pro usage of Autopilot.

Please only use Autopilot with your Mavic Pro if you are running this firmware to avoid flight control issues.

We will update further when we hear about and can test any updates for Phantom 4 Pro or Inspire 2. For now, please do not use Autopilot with these aircraft until a firmware update that fixes the erratic behavior is released.

Note: For Inspire 2 and Phantom 4 Pro it is still possible to safely use Human Flight Control Modes and Waypoint Mode as long as Lost Connection is set to Continue Mission (LCMC). It is also possible to downgrade the Phantom 4 Pro to v01.02.0304 and have complete Autopilot functionality.

Thanks for your understanding!
The Hangar Team

Looking for comments from Autopilot Users (latest iOS version) with Mavic Pro. I recently downloaded and began using the software and while I've had success taking Pano's, every single Waypoint mission I've tried has failed on me leaving me with little confidence with the expensive app. I created a shorter easier mission to test today and this also failed, with an app crash (iPhone 6) as well.
My experience in each case:
Drone was not far...visual line of sight
In each case The app informed me that Telemetry was lost and then the aircraft disconnected, and I lost connection to the drone with the app and was forced to initial RTH via the hardware button.
The video feeds were very jumpy and glitchy, not smooth at all as they appear in every YouTube video I've watched.
The speed of the Mavic was sluggish and did not match the programmed speed.
The Mavic would also hover for an extended time at the first or second Waypoint and this was not part of the programmed flight plan.
Initiating return to home worked but aircraft positioning for home was way off.

This is now the 5th time I have tried a Waypoint mission and as an engineer I don't find the setup difficult, it's not rocket science. Trying to determine if this is a common/known issue or what I could possible be doing to cause a loss of telemetry and connection. It makes no sense.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
I have exactly the same problem , tested with using both my iPhone 6+ and my iPad Air, same result. Created a new waypoint mission and in all attempts I had the same error with the app suddenly crushing and shutting down

Anyone? No others have experienced issues? Scratching my head after reading successful mission experiences. Lost telemetry again yesterday at an altitude of 150ft and right in front of me. Seems quiet odd.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Yes , I have today experienced exactly the same issues . Had a waypoint mission that the day before worked fine, but yesterday and today no chance to have the whole mission executed . The Autopilot app simply crashed and shut down suddenly leaving the drone Hovering somewhere along the path. RTH luckily brought it home. I tested both my iPhone 6+ and my Airpad, and also deleted and re-installed the app, unfortunately without any success on the problem described

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito