DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Uploading pics with gps data

Lottc34

Reactions
I did my first roof inspection for a new company today. Simple JPEG images that I upload to their website. When I saved to my computer and uploaded on the site, the gps data was not found. When I take pictures, it automatically saves on my iPhone. Those images in my iPhone showed gps data and all. When I emailed them a couple pics from my phone, he couldn’t find the gps info. I emailed the same pics from my phone to a friend using a pc, he was able to see gps data. But on my MacBook I cannot find gps data, and I don’t know how I need to upload these images to make sure the gps data is included. Is it due to me using a mac or what? Anyone have any advice?

Just checked both .jpg and .raw images on my Windows 7 Desktop and right clicked each of the file types and both types of files showed the Latitude and Longitude under Details. So it does not appear that one needs to shoot and upload in the .raw format for the GPS data to be added to the file type.

One could have your customer use a program like exiftool.exe and they could drag and drop the photos over the program and the data will be displayed.

Use both in future jpeg+RAW when shooting
Unless you find a solution?
You could just edit copy & paste the details for now in a link with the photos?
Use some imagination!!

Or give us an example?

I figured it out! I was uploaded the images that I saved to my Mac instead of uploading the images directly from the microSD card. Now it uploads using the GPS data. Not sure why the GPS data won’t save to my computer, but at least I figured it out. Felt like a complete idiot when I know I’m only a partial moron.

Reactions: SpinItUp
What email provider are you using? Some shrink the file and dump the EXIF, AOL for example. Please don’t say you are using that ...

No. I was using Gmail. And some of the files I sent from there showed GPS data. Apparently when you import and save photos onto a MacBook, it gets rid of the GPS data. I have an older 2011 MacBook so that may be the problem. But when I uploaded it from the microSD directly, it worked well

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu