DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video download problems

DroneGuy

Reactions
Why, when I take the sd card out of my mavic and try to upload them to my iPad and I try to play them I get a message that apple does not support this video? I did not have that problem with my phantom.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

What format are you recording in? .mov is the apple format, but maybe you've got it recording in another format, you can get an app to change the format..

Reactions: grizzard
You select the correct video capture format for your Mavic in your DJ GO 4 App camera settings to correspond with whichever computer platform you intend on using to work with your images. If you're using Windows you shoot your video in the .MP4 setting. If you're a Mac man, you film and capture your video in the .MOV setting. Those are your only two choices. Each format is designed for the two different, primary computer platforms available worldwide.

I use my iPad with the DJI Go4 app as a screen, saves to mine ok.
Try uploading them to sky pixel and viewing your videos on your iPad through the sky pixel website.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I have been all through the DJGO 4 app and absolutely cannot find where to change the video setting to .mov . I even tried to do it while the pro is powered up. Still cannot find where to make the setting changes. I found where to change from jpeg to raw to jpeg-raw. Please help an let me know under what settings it is!

Just checked and saw you didn't get any responses. So here's the info you need:

Go into the DJIGO4 App with the Mavic turned on. Press the 3 lines icon on the lower right side of the screen. A menu with 3 icons will pop up. Press the center camera icon. That will bring up where you select either .MP4 or .MOV as your file format type. Since you are a Mac man, select .MOV.

Bam. That's all there is to it.

Reactions: Jake
Thanks for the response and I thought that would be the place also but the only formats available are jpg, raw and jpeg+raw. Just an additional note is that I did update my firmware to the latest version. Thanks again I fired it up this morning to check and that's what I found. Any more advice is welcomed.

Hmmmm....that shouldn't be the case. Puzzling.

Give me some time to check some things out and when I find out more info on why your format selection is unavailable I will post it here ASAP. The weekend's coming up and you may have some flight time coming your way, so we have to get you back in the air fully functional ASAP. I'll be back in touch, and hopefully by then either I or someone else reading this thread can give you a hand with this problem you shouldn't be having.

Hang in there. Let's see what we can find out.

Cc rider
I think I just figured it out. I used to manually import from my phantom via sd card adapter. Now if I want to move videos from my mini iPad (which I use to fly with) to my other apple devices. I just tried air dropping the video from the DJI app location to my "photos" location on my other iPad and the video plays normally. Actually this method of transfer is much easier than the old way because now I don't have to remove the sad card from the Mavic . Thanks for you help though. I do like this forum to get answers.

CONGRATULATIONS! Great problem solving on your part.

I'm real glad you managed to get things to work, and if your process means you don't have to fumble with a microSD card, then that way sounds even better. I'm still curious about the format issue, but the important thing is you are up and ready to go again. Enjoy the weekend, be safe, and have a great time flying and filming!

You do get lower quality resolution video that way though.

For the video settings you're at the right place, but you need to switch the camera to video mode before you can see the video settings.

Next as for why you can't import from SD is probably because you're shooting 4K, and iOS devices can't import that. You need to record 1080p.

Reactions: CC Rider
THERE'S the answer we needed.

I spaced that you do have to be in video camera mode in order to have the .MP4/.MOV option open to you. Sorry about that; that's an important step in the process.

Even though until recently I was a Mac man, I did not know that iOS currently does not support 4K video, which is good info to have. Shooting in 1080p will still yield you good results, though, and you would be using the Mavic as it was intended to be used. Thanks to Kilrah for popping up with the right answer.

Thanks guys this is all great info! One more quick stupid question. How do I switch to video mode? Do I just hit the video record button and then go into settings?

On your DJIGO 4 App you will see a camera icon about midscreen on the right hand side with curved arrows above and below it. Should be a red circle around it to show which mode -photographic camera or video camera mode - you are in, and therefore which settings you will be affecting with your setting changes.That's the toggle you need to select FIRST when making camera settings changes on your Mavic.

Since you are wanting to change your video settings, toggle that on screen icon until the video camera icon is highlighted instead of the camera icon. That is the only way you will have access to adjusting the video settings of your Mavic. Conversely, if you wanted to make changes to your regular photographic camera settings, then toggle it until the camera icon is highlighted. Remember, your Mavic has to be powered up as this setting change directly affects the drone's software/hardware relationship. Again, this is where you WILL be able to select .MOV as your file format since that screen will now be accessible to you.

Give this a try and see if it all falls into place as it should. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you don't get the results you should now expect, and let us know if all is well when you get the chance. Good luck. But this should solve the slight hiccup you were having.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scott911