DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vision system error on replacement mavic

Lordy

Reactions
As titled I have a vision system error & I am wondering if anyone has a solution before I have to send it back to dji.
It's a full replament unit from dji & I had this error out of the box.
It seems to be intermittent because when I first tested it outside it was fine so I though nothing of it but the error came back the next day.
I have tried all the usual stuff with the help of dji support which was refresh the firmware, calibrate vision sensors in dji assistant 2, re calibrated compass & imu.
All of this went as expected so I tested again to still have the error but it did disappear when I turned the mavic off then on & I managed a faultless 20 minute flight.
I then went to test it again later on & surely enough the error came back.

I have already opened an escalated repair but if it is something I could maybe fix that would be good, I didnt want to be without it over Christmas as i had a couple of projects planned but there you go.

The vision system error comes up In red in the top left of the app & it loses the obsticle status graph thing.

Any help appreciated

did you remove the clear protective stickers from the forward cameras and downward obstacle cameras?

did you remove the clear protective stickers from the forward cameras and downward obstacle cameras?
I have checked for those & it did not have any on.
The sensors seem to work fine when the error is not there

I have checked for those & it did not have any on.
The sensors seem to work fine when the error is not there
If it is a NEW mavic they are almost certainly there. As they would have been on you previous one.
Look close! They are not very obvious. I almost thought they werent on my mavic too.

If it is a NEW mavic they are almost certainly there. As they would have been on you previous one.
Look close! They are not very obvious. I almost thought they werent on my mavic too.
Well it could be a refurb I'm not sure.
I even tried using a pin on the lens to see if I could gently scrape any stickers off but nothing.

I think I have found the issue but would be nice if somebody could confirm something for me. Basically only one of my ultrasonic sensors is making a clicking sound but I would have thought they should both be clicking.
I checked this by putting my ear close to the sensors placing my finger over each one. When I cover the sensor nearest to the front I hear nothing meaning the rear one is making no sound at all.

So could somebody please confirm both sensors are clicking on their mavic?
It looks like I will have to return it anyway but I suppose I'm curious

Edit:-
Never mind, I just read that one transmits the sound & the other receives so I could be wrong

Last edited:
Update: dji have it now & are fixing it but are replacing the gimbal control board.
There is no mention of vision components, not sure gimbal board is related, so I'm hoping everything works this time.

I contacted online support with my concerns but they are no help at all, the the usual generic responses.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark