DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waiting Time for UAV Pilot registration

Montana John

Reactions
I just finished my 107 test and got the results registered with the FAA. During the waiting time involved I had a nice email correspondence with the help desk at the FAA. Really nice and helpful people, or person. What I heard was this.
The on site test proctor told me that I could expect my test results would be registered within "two midnights," meaning a partial day plus a full day.
The FAA's on line and printed materials say expect a 48 hour time between ending the test and having the FAA receive the result so that you can finish the registration process.
The FAA help desk says wait at least 72 business day hours. So three working days.
It was exactly 72 hours.
Hope this is helpful.

Reactions: Thomas B
They are probably still working through the backlog from the shutdown i would think?

I took my test and it was registered on 1/28/2019.. I still have not heard a peep about my permanent license.. enjoy the wait my friend.. and congratulations on passing the exam..

I took my test and it was registered on 1/28/2019.. I still have not heard a peep about my permanent license.. enjoy the wait my friend.. and congratulations on passing the exam..
Figure about 6 weeks to receive physical certification card.

I took my test on November 27, 2018. My temporary certificate was made available digitally about 72 hours later. My account on iacra.faa.gov indicated that my remote pilot certificate was issued on February 9, 2019. I'm still waiting for the hardcopy of the certificate to arrive in the mail.

I'm fast approaching 3 months since taking the test, and I still haven't received my certificate. Of course, I give the FAA a certain amount of leeway because of the 35ish day government shutdown. But you may be waiting a while.

Somewhere I recall seeing mention of a five day wait for an email with the certification, then an indefinite wait for the official paper copy via USPS. Well, there is no line at my door with people demanding my awesome services.

Took my test on Tuesday (51 hours ago. ;) ) and it's already in IACRA.

Last edited:
Don't get your hopes up to high.. :)

Not sure I follow, it was there and I've already submitted it along with the final application.

Unless you're talking about getting the physical card, don't really care about that - just need the number which I hope to have in the next week or two on the temporary.

Ah, re-read your previous message. So you haven't even received the temporary cert yet from the TSA vetting? Hmm, got to imagine it's the backlog due to the shutdown. No worries, I've waited two years to finally get this done. A few more weeks won't hurt.

Hope you get yours soon!

Mine was there 27 hours since passing the test - guess IACRA folks are catching up with their backlog. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Montana John
Received my temporary certificate today. So exactly one week after passing the test.

Not sure I follow, it was there and I've already submitted it along with the final application.

Unless you're talking about getting the physical card, don't really care about that - just need the number which I hope to have in the next week or two on the temporary.
The number space on my temp says, "Pending."

Reactions: DavidNDC and HVYMTL
The number space on my temp says, "Pending."

Yeah, same here. From what I now understand that's normal and you can simply type in Pending when doing laanc authorizations and waiver request. I've submitted three waivers and multiple wide area airspace authorizations today doing just that. Will update if they get rejected but from what I'm reading on the Commercial suas Remote Pilots FB group, it shouldn't be an issue.

Yeah, same here. From what I now understand that's normal and you can simply type in Pending when doing laanc authorizations and waiver request. I've submitted three waivers and multiple wide area airspace authorizations today doing just that. Will update if they get rejected but from what I'm reading on the Commercial suas Remote Pilots FB group, it shouldn't be an issue.
I've never seen the term wide area air space before. Gotta look it up.

I took my test on November 27, 2018. My temporary certificate was made available digitally about 72 hours later. My account on iacra.faa.gov indicated that my remote pilot certificate was issued on February 9, 2019. I'm still waiting for the hardcopy of the certificate to arrive in the mail.

I'm fast approaching 3 months since taking the test, and I still haven't received my certificate. Of course, I give the FAA a certain amount of leeway because of the 35ish day government shutdown. But you may be waiting a while.

Took mine about a week before you and i got my hard lic last sat, so you shld be getting yours any day i would think!

Recently took my exam a couple of weeks ago. It took 24 hours for my results to be loaded into IACRA to complete my application. It then said 7 days for a temporary license to print.

Where are you asked to put in a certificate # for LAANC? I’ve used AirMap for probably 30 authorizations into Class D and only have to state I’m operating under 107 and give them a name and phone #. I have always gotten an FAA authorization text within seconds.

Where are you asked to put in a certificate # for LAANC? I’ve used AirMap for probably 30 authorizations into Class D and only have to state I’m operating under 107 and give them a name and phone #. I have always gotten an FAA authorization text within seconds.
Airmap does work that way, you're right. Kittyhawk.io asks for a certificate number but seems satisfied with "Pending." Those are the only applications for requesting LAANC authorizations that I'm familiar with.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captainhook