DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waiver From Persons In Videos

tgarber

Reactions
Would it be acceptable to the FAA regarding flying my drone over people, if I had a disclaimer in an event brochure stating something like "By attending this event, you understand there are video drones capturing promotional footage and agree to allow the video drones in use to fly directly overhead."

Does this fly?

Tom

Would it be acceptable to the FAA regarding flying my drone over people, if I had a disclaimer in an event brochure stating something like "By attending this event, you understand there are video drones capturing promotional footage and agree to allow the video drones in use to fly directly overhead."

Does this fly?

Tom

No, the FAA rules don't allow for any waiver from the parties themselves. The only way to get permission is to apply for a waiver of 107.39.

§ 107.39 - Operation over human beings.

No person may operate a small unmanned aircraft over a human being unless that human being is:
(a) Directly participating in the operation of the small unmanned aircraft; or
(b) Located under a covered structure or inside a stationary vehicle that can provide reasonable protection from a falling small unmanned aircraft.

Does this fly?

Tom

You have to some how figure out how to get each and every person to "participate in the operation of the small unmanned aircraft"!

They could all sign on to be spotters and visual observers? Then again you could just fly around the parameter at height and it will appear that you are over them.

Hmmm Them pesky old rules strikes again. LOL

I think if the worst happened, and it fell from the sky and hit someone, you would hang regardless of anything you write on promotional brochures.
You al ways need to think of what “could happen” and not how I get around the rules

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian