DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warning

Mavic_Newb87

Reactions
I have only used my mavic for two days now and I keep getting the Gimbal Overload warning- check to make sure the clip has been removed. This occurs almost everytime I am taking off and randomly when I am flying but it goes away within a minute or less.

Brand new Mavic Pro
I always remove the clip
I am running the newest software

Any suggestions?

Just to confirm, you remove both the lens cover (dome thing) and the gimbal guard (clip on back of the camera)?

Assuming you remove both pieces of plastic, are you on the latest firmware on the drone, controller, and latest version of the app? (Just confirming, sounds like yes)

If so... I'm out of ideas. Probably contact DJI support for a replacement. If it is brand new repairs would be free if the problem is out of the box

Just to confirm, you remove both the lens cover (dome thing) and the gimbal guard (clip on back of the camera)?

Assuming you remove both pieces of plastic, are you on the latest firmware on the drone, controller, and latest version of the app? (Just confirming, sounds like yes)

If so... I'm out of ideas. Probably contact DJI support for a replacement. If it is brand new repairs would be free if the problem is out of the box

Yes you are correct, everything is removed. Ok thanks for the suggestion!

Do you have any 3rd party filters installed?

It's possible that something is loose in your gimbal, maybe a connector, or your ribbon cable is not perfect. However. if your gimbal is working fine, autocalibrates and doesn't fail, and doesn't jitter when you fly it, you probably have nothing to worry about.

Also if he contacts dji within 15 days after receiving they will replace with a brand new unit, after the 15 days most likely will be a repair or refubished

Are you launching from grass?

There is your answer.

The Mavic is very low, It only takes a small blade of grass to set off the warning. The small gimbal is extremely sensitive to any resistance.

It has happened to me on several occasions.

Launch from a pad and your problems will disappear.

There is your answer.

The Mavic is very low, It only takes a small blade of grass to set off the warning. The small gimbal is extremely sensitive to any resistance.

It has happened to me on several occasions.

Launch from a pad and your problems will disappear.

I have launched from a pad a few times already and the same warning has appeared.

I have launched from a pad a few times already and the same warning has appeared.
If you're sure there is no contact with anything, or no resistance coming from any external source, then I'm with the rest. Sent it back.

DJI support recommends I send it back for a replacement, free of charge. I am guessing it will take at least 2 weeks to receive a new mavic. The wait begins.

if it works then id leave it, its not worth the trouble and heart ache contacting DJI as u may end up with a used unit when you send your new one in for "repair".
mine has done that since day one 600km later still doing it but has never skipped a beat, works perfectly fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78