DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

weird sound..

Cerberus

Reactions
Wanna ask you guys... does your Mavic makes any weird clickity clickity sounds when you had it on but not in flight yet?

I flew it this evening and as usual was going to hand launch it when I noticed the sound, its not very loud but quite audible when I held it half an arm's length away from me. I can't for the life recall ever hearing my Mavic making that sound before..

And its not the sound of the fan because before the fan starts roaring into life, the sound is there..

I held it close to my ear and I think its coming from those sonar "speakers" at the bottom.. Thinking its the sonar, I turn the VPS off but the sound persists..

You guys here similar sounds coming from your mavic?

Wanna ask you guys... does your Mavic makes any weird clickity clickity sounds when you had it on but not in flight yet?

I flew it this evening and as usual was going to hand launch it when I noticed the sound, its not very loud but quite audible when I held it half an arm's length away from me. I can't for the life recall ever hearing my Mavic making that sound before..

And its not the sound of the fan because before the fan starts roaring into life, the sound is there..

I held it close to my ear and I think its coming from those sonar "speakers" at the bottom.. Thinking its the sonar, I turn the VPS off but the sound persists..

You guys here similar sounds coming from your mavic?
Yes, the sound is coming from the ultrasonic sensors on the bottom.

Yes, the sound is coming from the ultrasonic sensors on the bottom.

I thought as much but isn't it suppose to stop clicking when I turn VPS off?

and I honestly don't recall it making the sound all this while I had it....

and I honestly don't recall it making the sound all this while I had it....
there are other systems that use it and even if VPS is off it will still sense altitude and report it to the "black box"

That'll just disable the vision positioning features. There is no way to shut down the downward sensors.

Reactions: SkunkWerx's
I think theclicky pulse might be part of the drone's self-test when it powers on, like the gimbal twisting about checks that everything's working out front.

I think theclicky pulse might be part of the drone's self-test when it powers on
My Mavic clicks the entire time it's running.

It's easy to miss when you're not indoors in a quiet room.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661