DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Well I went and broke it already...Replacement parts?

Neebles

Reactions
Ok well, im only in my second day of flying this thing, and I already broke it. Unfortunately for me, I didnt buy refresh....Anyway, I was doing a slow lap around the yard, beginner mode slow. I made a turn, and didnt see a little tree branch. Well, I hit the tree branch, and the Mavic dropped to the ground, a whopping 3 feet. Walked over to it, and one if the landing gear legs cracked half way off. Outside of a dinged propeller, everything else is fine. Anyway, it looks as though the landing gear leg may just be a screw on piece? If anyone knows how to replace it, and where to get a replacement, please let me know. Oh, it is a Pro Platinum...I have heard these seem to have "cheaper" feeling plastic so im not really thrilled.

Got photos of the damage?

Ok well, im only in my second day of flying this thing, and I already broke it. Unfortunately for me, I didnt buy refresh....Anyway, I was doing a slow lap around the yard, beginner mode slow. I made a turn, and didnt see a little tree branch. Well, I hit the tree branch, and the Mavic dropped to the ground, a whopping 3 feet. Walked over to it, and one if the landing gear legs cracked half way off. Outside of a dinged propeller, everything else is fine. Anyway, it looks as though the landing gear leg may just be a screw on piece? If anyone knows how to replace it, and where to get a replacement, please let me know. Oh, it is a Pro Platinum...I have heard these seem to have "cheaper" feeling plastic so im not really thrilled.
I am so sorry to hear of your loss, I am sure you can get it up and running. Amazon has the legs (that are held on by screws.)

Reactions: Neebles
IMG_2474.JPG

The arm itself is fine, the LED functions properly, its just cracked on the part that looks to screw in. Im just going to build one out of wood and have peg-leg the pirate drone. ha ha

Great sense of humor.......you'll need it in the future as well.

Jake

Having some serious health scares throughout my life, I put things into perspective now. Yep, I broke the new toy. Its just a thing. It can be fixed. The sun will still rise tomorrow.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
I haven't seen anyone selling those legs on Amazon/eBay. And, platinum colored parts are going to be harder (if not impossible) to find.

You have a few choices. If you want an OEM replacement part, you could buy a replacement arm here on Amazon and harvest that part from the arm. Or, you could send your Mavic to DJI or an authorized DJI dealer that does repairs to have it repaired with an OEM part.

The replacement that @Bunny Too is referring to (this part) is not and OEM replacement. The reviews are not great either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bunny Too
I haven't seen anyone selling those legs on Amazon/eBay. And, platinum colored parts are going to be harder (if not impossible) to find.

You have a few choices. If you want an OEM replacement part, you could buy a replacement arm here on Amazon and harvest that part from the arm. Or, you could send your Mavic to DJI or an authorized DJI dealer that does repairs to have it repaired with an OEM part.

The replacement that @Bunny Too is referring to (this part) is not and OEM replacement. The reviews are not great either.
That is correct, it does not have good reviews.

Alright. I really don't want to send it in anywhere. I have a trip coming up right after Christmas that I want to bring the MPP on. If having to buy the whole arm, just to harvest a leg is really my only other option, I may have to bite the bullet and do so. I really dont care about the matching paint right now.

I did read the reviews on that other leg on amazon..Its interesting that the only 2 people who reviewed it that mentioned their drone specifically, said it was the MPP... Maybe there is some truth to the "Cheap plastic feel" of the MPP vs MP.

Reactions: wsteele
Look for Thunderdrones, he is here alot, has parts and can help with install if needed. Be careful, I believe one of those legs has an antenna in it (or both?)

Reactions: Former Member
Look for Thunderdrones, he is here alot, has parts and can help with install if needed. Be careful, I believe one of those legs has an antenna in it (or both?)

Crap, I believe you are correct.

A beginner pilot should spend at least a week flying in Beginner Mode with 100ft max distance and absolutely no obstacles in that circle. All preceded with at least one pass of RTFM, with continuing reading/absorbing/thinking over the week.

And as someone who broke a leg (the one attached to me, not Mavic) once, my recommendation is don't use wood... TITANIUM is much better. Thumbswayup

:D

I have not done it, but look like it maybe an easy "user serviceable part", just be careful of the wires to the antenna.
Do a search here for Thunderdrones, and send him a pm. He does not have a website, but should get back to you pretty quick.
Probably has a few in stock, and pop it in the mail, and voila: 3 days later, back in the air....

Last edited:
Reactions: Neebles
A beginner pilot should spend at least a week flying in Beginner Mode with 100ft max distance and absolutely no obstacles in that circle. All preceded with at least one pass of RTRM, with continuing reading/absorbing/thinking over the week.

And someone who broke a leg (the one attached to me, not Mavic) once, my recommendation is don't use wood... TITANIUM is much better. Thumbswayup

:D

I agree. However, I am not new to flying, just new to the mavic. I fly 250, 210, and tiny FPV racers...I just spaced and didnt think about a low hanging branch on the back side of the tree.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
I agree. However, I am not new to flying, just new to the mavic. I fly 250, 210, and tiny FPV racers...I just spaced and didnt think about a low hanging branch on the back side of the tree.

Oops, sorry. I guess then, **** happens.

Well, on a positive note, now that your Mavic is grounded, you can play more with your Wunderphone... :D

Sorry guys, I dont have any in stock. I used to buy whole arms just to get the leg off to sell, and now I have a drawer full of worthless arms with no legs.

@Thunderdrones has said he no longer just does the legs as he now has a big pile of arms missing legs

For £25-£30 its not a bad price for an arm

Yeah I saw. I dont mind buying a whole leg, I really dont. HOWEVER, I now have concerns about there being an antenna in there...I took the screws holding the legs in place out, and there was definitely an antenna running through the arm (I believe) that wouldnt let the leg come off free....

Any instructions on this job @Thunderdrones?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer