DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Well I went and broke it already...Replacement parts?

Yeah both have aerials

I found with the leg unscrewed you can tilt it to get access the the aerial PCB

Why don't you get some really strong, 2-part epoxy and stick it back together with a little extra thickness around the weak part. It shouldn't affect flying and would be easy to do.

IF you want to use an adhesive, I would not use Epoxy, I would use Devcon Plastic Welder.
We used to use this to bond plastic to a plastic substrate and set them in a CNC machine tool for profiling and conturing. NEVER had a part fly off/separate...
Lookie here:

https://www.amazon.com/Devcon-22045...2765240&sr=8-1&keywords=devcon+plastic+welder

Smells like cra*, but sets in five minutes, machinable in 2/3 hours....

Yeah I saw. I dont mind buying a whole leg, I really dont. HOWEVER, I now have concerns about there being an antenna in there...I took the screws holding the legs in place out, and there was definitely an antenna running through the arm (I believe) that wouldnt let the leg come off free....

Any instructions on this job @Thunderdrones?

There should be a dab of white glue holding the antenna in. Just carefully break that free, and the antenna will pull out. Try not to use a pliers on the antenna, best pulled by hand. Also, there is another metal piece inside the leg that will come out. Dont lose it, try to remember its orientation, and you be able to see the grooves in the leg as to where it belongs. Be patient with this, you dont want to break the antenna wire.

Why don't you get some really strong, 2-part epoxy and stick it back together with a little extra thickness around the weak part. It shouldn't affect flying and would be easy to do.

I had this same thought actually. It’s a clean crack...When pushed together you can’t tell it’s there. If the general consensus is this will work, and not cause any problems, I may go that route at least as a temporary solution

Yes, for normal flights and landings.Until you do get a replacement, you will be fine.
Just make sure you don't get to much into the crack, you don't want to have a lot of adhesive going into the leg, and gluing the antennae inside the leg. Think of it as a splint...

Kind of take a small needle file, and "groove" the crack, just like filing a real weld, and apply the adhesive into the groove and "push a weee bit" in with your fingers into the crack, flex a bit to allow it to get inside the crack (wear a glove, the stuff gets hot as it cures) You have four to five minutes to do this....

Reactions: Neebles
There are plenty of arms on eBay for around $30. Couldn't find a platinum color though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neebles
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147