DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What drones have you owned?

Dotcomguy3020

Reactions
A regular customer of mine wanted a drone... So I recommended a Yuneec Q500+. It was ok, just ok. Than I tried a walkera runner 250. It was in the dirt more than it was in the air, just no time to learn to fly due to work. I thought it would be fun to build a drone, so I went with the DJI flame wheel 450. I learned a lot about what goes into a drone. Next I decided to try another Yuneec Q500 4k. Not bad, just too big. Than last Oct I seen... the mavic pro... woo hoo... awww ****, they're slow coming to market! So I finally got one on July 2nd and have only had the bird for 9 days. now I have to send it in for service, I got the gimbal motor overloaded warning. The gimbal won't stop resetting. I'm not detirred, just depressed. Waiting for so long and now this...

I currently own a Zerotech Dobby. Got it before the Mavic. Great for what it is. Super small, so compact. Lots of technology packed into that thing.

Don't think this is the place for a full on review so if anyone's curious or has questions, just PM me.

Yuneec Q500 4K (sold it)
Yuneec Typhoon H

and

Mavic Pro

Love my mavic but the Typhoon H is my favorite....

I own ...

Typhoon H
Mavic Pro
Spark

They are like kids ... they all have different personalities

Started with a phantom 1, built a flamewheel 450, took 2 crashed walkera turbo ace x830's and built one complete x830, built and still have a Tarot 680 and the 960, built a mini 250 racing quad, had a phantom 3 and still have 2 mavics. Would buy a phantom 4 or an inspire 2 if I had the cash. I also like yuneec's

Started with FC40 it drowned then went through 5 P2V's flying like a crazy monkey to a P3 Standard and P3 4K and now a mavic .
And still fly like a crazy monkey :)

None. Still learning from this one! I want to build one though and figure out how to connect them to the goggles. Nothing big or fast. I want rugged and zippy for indoors. 90mm, max 130mm.

I have only ever bought 3 and I still have all 3 of them.
My first one almost 5 years ago was a DJI F450 Flamewheel which eventually had the DJI GPS added and then the ImmersionRC 600mw 5.8ghz FPV transmitter. I have an 8"LCD for FPV purposes. It laso has a Tarot 2 axis brushless gimbal and Gopro Hero3 black.
Wonderful thing about this quad is that you can use any decent 3S OR 4S battery pack and it is a rock solid performer that is 100% immune from DJI's BS updates and NFZ crap.Thumbswayup
Then I bought a Yuneec Q500+ 4K with the case, 2 spare batteries and hand held gimbal device. Awesome stuff.

Now I also have the Mavic with the Flymore package. Sadly I have to buy an Apple iPad mini to have a reliable app to use since DJI has no idea what they're doing when it comes to Android.

If I could only keep one, it would definitely be the F450 Flamewheel

Here's a pic of my Quad-Force:cool:Thumbswayup

Attachments

• 20170319_095731.jpg
    20170319_095731.jpg
    495 KB · Views: 33
I started with a Phantom 2 Vision+ (sold it) and currently own the following:
  • Phantom 3 Standard
  • Phantom 3 4K
  • Phantom 3 Advanced
  • Phantom 3 Professional
  • Phantom 4
  • Phantom 4 Advanced
  • Phantom 4 Pro
  • Inspire 1 V2
  • Mavic
  • Spark
  • Autel X-Star Premium (I don't use this one much)

I had:
- div. low cost quads
- Phantom 2 (sold)
- Matrice 100 (sold)

Now i fly these:

- Graupner Alpha 250 race copter
- Mavic Pro
- Inspire 1 V2 Pro
- Spreading Wings 1000+

How do you manage to use all others much?
I fly some more than others. Most recently, I've been flying the Phantom 4s, Mavic, and Spark.

Bebop 1
Bebop 2 w skycontroller
Phantom 3 std
3dr Solo highly modified! Mro gps Fpvlr antennas ex.....
Mavic
And several smaller (toy) quads
The Bebop's are like kids fun and tuff
Solo is like a gangster
Mavic is like a pro at everything

Last edited:
I wasn't too impressed with the Q500 4k. The videos were always glitchy for me. But the mavic on the other hand...albeit the gimbal needs work, sending it in for repair today. Hopefully the 1 yr manuf warranty covers the overload issue. The mavic works for now. The flame wheel is in the closet, just needs a couple motors and the immersion rx for the fatsharks and she'll be up again.

I built my first couple of drones because it was cheaper than what manufacturers were offering at the time (40k). Believe it.

Yuneec Typhoon H - I had a lot of fun with the craft. Not as restrictive as DJI. The size of the craft was the only turn off. It produced smooth video and the flight modes were great.

Now I have the Mavic Pro.

First drone was the AirSelfie that I got from their Kickstarter. Looked cool in theory. In reality, the thing has horrible battery (literally just a few minutes). It's small and light, but that means it can't even handle a light breeze outside, and the camera is very low quality, so pictures taken inside are pretty bad. I mean, cell-phone from around 2003 bad.

The link above is to their Kickstarter comment page. You can see the tons of unhappy people. Either ones that find their product disappointing like me, ones that got faulty ones that won't even turn on, and a lot who haven't even gotten theirs yet. I recommend avoiding this drone. Just read the comments. They make DJI customer service look great in comparison.

Second one was the Zerotech Dobby. Much better than the AirSelfie. It can fold up small enough to fit in my shorts pocket (did this on my birthday when I went out to lunch with my friends. Took some group pics after we ate.) Pics are good to me. No gimbal for the camera though, so video has a lot of black bars when moving (it uses digital video stabilization. This drone (and the AirSelfie too) require a cell-phone to operate.

Third one (and my latest one) is the Mavic Pro. Perhaps you've heard of it? ;) Currently, I fly it more for fun than taking pictures or video. Love controlling it with the controller much more than the phone touch-screen controls of the other two drones (I've yet to fly the Mavic using a phone on Wifi).

I still have all three, and use the Dobby and Mavic when I can.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15