DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the best ONLINE Part 107 School?

RetiredInFL

Very Large Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Yea, I know there is tons of free stuff out there but if someone was going to foot the bill for you which online school would you choose? I don't like heavy accents (not because I am racist but because my hearing isn't great and British or Aussie accents are difficult for me :) ).

Any opinions from personal experience ?

Hard to say which one is the best because any one person is going to sign up with one and they won't have anything to compare it to. So ranking them is a little difficult unless someone pays for each one and takes each course. Not sure what value someone may get from that other than a good search ranking on Google for a blog on their website.

That said, I went with Pilot Institute and it was great. Just passed the exam this week with a score of 93%. There may be a better one out there, but I will never know because it doesn't make sense now to sign up for another course.

Not to undercut PI on price, but check for any discount codes or affiliate links that may be out there. I used an affiliate link of a YouTube couple that got the dreaded call from the FAA that they were operating their drone illegally by using footage taken with it in their YouTube videos. They weren't fined, but their video was pretty informative, so I used their link to help them out a little.

Reactions: RetiredInFL
I'll add a praise for @pilotinstitute as well. It's run by honest hard working people. Greg wants nothing but the best for his students. And takes great pleasure and pride when one does well on the test and in their business.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have joined his company instead of the online drone school I'm still part owner of.

Excellent choice IMHO. I went with a FL based competitor and while I did well on the test, getting questions answered was painful. Thankfully, I won't need the refresher training.

Excellent choice IMHO. I went with a FL based competitor and while I did well on the test, getting questions answered was painful. Thankfully, I won't need the refresher training.
You made a smart choice with Pilot institute, Greg & company will treat you well.
B52-D
Blue Skys & Happy Contrails. ➰

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones