DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What resolution do you guys usually shoot with?

If recording something you know you want to slow down then try it just for that?

I like this thought process and agree with it. If you want to shoot slow mo, plan for it thoroughly.

Reactions: DJ Kim
Is this a Mavic specific comment, or just that 1080P is poor in general? I'm curious, is the Mavic's compression particularly poor processing/compressing on the fly RAW -> 1080P versus to 4K?

For someone who doesn't want to convert their video to 1080P to play it on their laptop from 2010, is 1080P capture really a bad suggestion?

I have a 2010 MacBook and I did a video at every resolution. I also don't want to convert video. 1080p at 60fps looked the best unedited. Anything above that was very poor. I know it is the limits of the laptop. I will switch to 4K when I get a new MacBook Pro.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

From what I've read, the 1080p at 60 fps was created for FPV goggles DJI will eventually release. 2.7K at 30fps is the best compromise. 1080p 60fps has a good bit of aliasing in the footage.

I have a 2010 MacBook and I did a video at every resolution. I also don't want to convert video. 1080p at 60fps looked the best unedited. Anything above that was very poor. I know it is the limits of the laptop. I will switch to 4K when I get a new MacBook Pro.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Better get the brand new one. My 2013 MBP can hardly deal with the 2.7K footage in Final Cut Pro. Davinci Resolve wouldn't run period.

Is this a Mavic specific comment, or just that 1080P is poor in general? I'm curious, is the Mavic's compression particularly poor processing/compressing on the fly RAW -> 1080P versus to 4K?

For someone who doesn't want to convert their video to 1080P to play it on their laptop from 2010, is 1080P capture really a bad suggestion?
Mavic-specific, and as mentioned only >30p. 1080p24/25/30 is perfectly good.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J