DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What tablets are compatible with DJI Mini

I just bought Lenovo Tab 4 8. Can't beat the price imo especially for its stats. Will be here today. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Still could be running 32bit OS even the architecture is 64bit
You are right!
According to "AnTuTu Benchmark" app even though the cpu architecture is 64 bit the tablet is running Android 7 (32 bit) .
Which leads the the inevitable question anyway to update a 32 bit android os to 64 bit?

...Just a quick bit of googling and it seems the device needs minimum 4GB ram for 64 bit os, my Samsung S2 tablet only has 3GB. Looks likes that's the end of the story...

Last edited:
You are right!
According to "AnTuTu Benchmark" app even though the cpu architecture is 64 bit the tablet is running Android 7 (32 bit) .
Which leads the the inevitable question anyway to update a 32 bit android os to 64 bit?
Flash a 64bit version of Android. But that gets into learning about bootloaders and a whole bunch of other nonsense depending on how manufacturers lock things down.

I can confirm. Lenovo Tab 4 8" with 2gb of RAM works. Got mine the other day and all is well. Just make sure you get an SD card for it. Only 16GB of on board memory and most of that is factory stuff. $124 on Amazon and it's a pretty solid tablet to boot.

I asked DJI support if they were going to release a 32 bit version of Fly, they responded quickly but didn't really answer my question...

"Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
In regards to your inquiry, we are sorry that your Samsung S2 tablet is not in our compatibility list, it has not been tested by our technicians, we are unsure of the compatibility and stability with DJI FLY. And mobile phones that are 6.5-8.5 mm thick and no more than 160 mm long will fit in the remote controller clamps comfortably. We strongly recommend you to remove the protective cover before attaching your mobile phone. Devices beyond this measurement range are not supported. You are advised to use the compatible mobile devices.

And after confirming with our concern team, whether the phone is 32-bit or 64-bit is usually related to the CPU type. But our app does not adapt according to CPU model. DJI FLY APP is compatible with mainstream mobile device in marketing, it's no related to CPU model if it's 32bit or 64bit.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
Thanks for choosing DJI products.
Merry Christmas!
Best Regards Cerelia DJI Customer Support"

So that clears it up...:confused:

Last edited:
I can confirm Samsung Tab A 8 inch with S Pen works (2019) model sm-p205.

No side load, just download from playstore.

I just received my DJI Mini and when I tried to down load the DJI Fly app
I was informed that my tablet about 4 years old was not compatible

I really don't want to spend a lot right now

Any recommendations for 8" tablets that work, would be appreciated

Cheers

If you use an Android device it must be 64 bit with a late operating system

Hi I just got a galaxy tab A 8. when I tried to load the DJI Fly app It came bake saying it wasn't compatible. Any suggestions for me
Which tab a 8, I am using tab a 8 with spen 2019 model sm-p205 , and it is working perfectly.

Hi I just got a galaxy tab A 8. when I tried to load the DJI Fly app It came bake saying it wasn't compatible. Any suggestions for me

Yes, check the model number. Mine is a 290 series, and I did have to side load the app.

I got an iPad Mini 2 with cellular capability for $120 as a Manufacturer Refurb on eBay. Works perfectly. I didn't activate cell service, but you don't have to to get a GPS signal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet