DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What will happen to the original Mavic Pro?

Is there any proof that a Mavic Pro II is in development?
There is no hard evidence that a Mavic Pro II is in development, that I know of. There's been some twitter quotes from some guy who seems to have predicted this sort of thing in the past, but nothing beyond that. If I were a betting man, I'd say a MP II isn't far away, though.

If DJI decides to keep the original Mavic Pro in their lineup and the retail price of the Mavic Pro II is substantially higher than the Mavic Pro, then the Mavic Pro could easily hold its retail value because, as you put it, there would be a demand for a mid-priced Mavic.

I think that the Mavic Pro will be available for sale for a long time.
The DJI store still sells a lot of the Phantom 3 SE for $599.00, and it isn't half as good as the Mavic Pro.
I would predict that the Mavic Pro would be available for $599-$699 for at least a year after the Mavic Pro II comes out.

I’ve posted my P3 Advanced. Trying to figure out how long to hold out before pulling the trigger on a Mavic.

Kinda just like the automotive market. Every year new cars come out and there are always those who need to get the latest and greatest.
Some of us can't afford the upgrade every year and we find that the one we've had for the past year, or longer, is still working fine and meeting our needs.
When the old one starts getting too tired, or the temptation of the bells and whistles is too great, then I'll jump in.

You guys with several drones are amazing - I have my hands full just learning my Mavic Pro and finding enough time to fly just that one, much less two, three, or (?). :)

Reactions: dekip
1. Mavic Air and eventually mavic 2 take mavic 1’s Price down (likely to $700 retail)
2. More refurbs (and just old stock) sell from DJI dealers for $500.
3. “Latest and greatest” folks try to sell their mavics here for $800... and eventually settle for $450.
4. More people get nicer drones!

Longer term it won't be supported and the current app will change in a way which is unfavourable to older models.when things are running well do not update anymore.
My feelings exactly, my MP is working fine and using with dedicated device wifi and b-tooth set to off

I guess this will be the only advantage of being “an old guy” .
I ,hopefully, will age out before having to give up my beloved MP but I must admit, I hate the thought there could be a better drone- nah
I’m with you on that one.

The Mavic pro probably won't change. If you own one now, you'll probably still own one if a new Drone is released, until you sell it. Only certainty is there will be at least 5000 more totally pointless 'what if / when will / what will Mavic 2 have' threads that all ask the same thing between now and launch. Yawn. :rolleyes:

Understandably, there's been an insane amount of discussion and prognostication about the Mavic Pro II. But what will happen to the original Mavic Pro? Will it remain in the line as is? Will it be changed slightly and remain placed between the Air and the Pro II? Or will it be discontinued and sold at Walmart for $299.99 until they're all gone?

Thoughts...
At $299, I will be buying a couple extra.

Considering the way DJI has locked down future firmwares, I think the original Mavic may prove to be far more popular, unless the II has some sort of killer feature that is and I assume it won't. Mavic has it all already outside of 60 FPS 4K video which I for one would not find to be a killer feature. Mavic II would have to fly for an hour on a single battery to interest me much.

Is there any proof that a Mavic Pro II is in development?

There is never and real "proof". We never had "proof" the Air was in development let alone in actual production since December.

Hard to believe but they had thousands and thousands of Mavic Airs already made and boxed before we even got a a single leaked photo.

The most reliable rumor people we have has stated that Mavic Pro-II is already in full production mode right now.

I'm guessing they will announce a short time before NAB 2018 convention on April 9. This is a HUGE convention for content creators in Vegas and DJI always has a large pavillion there every year. I'm guessing wee will see many Mavic Pro-II's flying in their large netted rings.

CT

All of these posts sound feasible. I just bought a used Mavic Pro at a great price. Everything works fine. I'm just worried if service on them or parts would be discontinued also. I think a lot of manufacturers will keep the parts going for a number of years, maybe, but at some point, at least with Nakamichi tape decks, they stopped making parts. I wish DJI would let us know if and when this would happen so we could plan better, but my guess is they probably wont. Hope I'm wrong. Marc Trainor.

Reactions: HeliDog
Sold by: Amazon.com Services, Inc
Return eligible through Jan 31, 2019

$668 brand new on Amazon so went for it Nov 20th..now back up to $788. Great way to buy a new drone for return privileges, no? I love the drone but hate the out of box video. Guess I now have to buy the ND filters to help control shutter speed..my only whine so far ;)

just means if you don't have one or two already then you will get one hell of an aircraft for a really good price..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_