DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where are the multiple flight modes in DJI Go 4?

Dronebow

Reactions
Used to swipe from the right on my iPhone 7 to get to those modes on the older app. Now I can't find them.

At a guess possibly because no GPS, The icon should appear once GPS has been established.

EDIT: And make sure Multiple Flight modes are enabled under the copter menu. Not sure if this prevents the icon from appearing or not though.
Figured it out but it makes no sense. You have to have Multiple Flight Modes "DISABLED" to see that icon.. Now why would DJI do that?? If I enable it so I can fly in Sport mode, there is no icon for the other flight modes like Tripod..

Weird!

Weird, never noticed that and could not power on to test just now. Must be a bug surely. iOS or droid v4?

IOS. Seems to be the same with the old DJI Go app and DJI Go 4. Don't think it's a bug. Seems to be by design. Where's Tahoe Ed when you need him? ;-)

Must be more to it. Wonder if it changes once you are up in the air. I flew v4 iOS yesterday and happily switched to Sports mode without having to enable/disable that switch in the menu and had the flight modes as tried cinematic. Well at least I think I did unless I am just in a routine of doing that automatically without thinking now.

I have multiple flight modes enabled and I have the icon on the screen to access the modes.

When I turn multiple flight mode off the icon is no longer on the screen to access more modes.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Yes, you should be able to access both sports mode and intelligent flights modes with the toggle enabled. This is actually required to use sports mode !

Is it perhaps because there is no GPS signal Ken? Cannot test mine at the mo for Dronebow.

GPS doesn't matter. I went outside and validated that when multiple flight modes is enabled I do not have the icon for the intelligent modes. When I disable that option then the icon shows up for intelligent flight modes. One observation here, when I flipped the soft switch for multiple flight modes, my RC switch was in sports mode. Not sure if it has any bearing here. Perhaps that switch needs to be in normal mode for this to work properly?

The hardware switch would of course override anything that is configured in the app, so it would make sense to hide the icon while the sport switch is on.

I do believe that you cant enter intelligent flight modes when in sports mode.

You are correct. At least the test I just did supports that. Multiple flight on, icon is on screen. Flip into sport mode and icon disappears. Flip out of sport mode and icon returns.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Confirmed.

If Sports mode switch is ON toggling multiple flight mode menu option OFF causes the Multi Flight Mode Icon to appear, toggling it on causes it to disappear. If Sports mode is off then the Multiple Flight mode switch has no effect on the on the icon, it remains visible all the time.

I think we have simply or at least I have caused us to get the Multiple Flight Modes switch under the copter menu to be confused with Intelligent flight modes, I think this option only enables/disables Sports mode. So when the hardware Sports mode switch is on and you go into the menu and disable Multiple Flight Modes the Intelli Flight Modes icon appears because you have disabled Sports mode. It works correctly.

Reactions: Kilrah
The hardware switch would of course override anything that is configured in the app, so it would make sense to hide the icon while the sport switch is on.
Actually in this case the menu option overrides the manual switch to sports mode. If the sports switch is ON and you turn off Multiple Flight Modes in the menu then the Intelligent Flight Modes Icon appears again.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy