DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where is the best place to fly my DJI Mavic Pro?

gyeung743

Reactions
I live in Houston, Texas. But I just can’t find really any good spot to fly my Mavic. I want a place where there is somewhat a lot of scenery, but not just like an open field.

Not familiar with Houston but a lake on a calm day at or around sunset is always a good bet.

I agree Lake areas are great. So are wide open parks. Also, I know a bit further out but you could get some amazing shots out by the Bay area. I love flying my Mavic Pro around the ocean and the beach watching surfers.

I am retired so Home during the day. I have found that large church parking lots offer a good launch are as well as public parks that have baseball fields or soccer fields. I found that I have learned a great deal of the area despite having lived here>20 years. I also live on a large lake where the launch area maybe 100+ yards from the water but allows me to have access to the lake from parking lots nearby etc.

The Houston area is kind of flat and boring as far as scenery. You also have to watch out for airspace issues. With two major airports (Hobby and Intercontinental) and a military base (Ellington) there is a lot of controlled airspace to watch out for. For more wide open (air)spaces and better scenery ... head west or northwest toward the hill country, or to the coast if you like ocean/beach scenery.

West Texas is wide open of most part just fly from porch in ur bathrobe out here in the country side[emoji12]

Got this tip from YouTube (sorry can't find/remember from who).

I use Google Maps at lot, to explore and scout locations to fly.

Using satellite view, and the 3D option, and if you use <Ctrl> + Mouse will change the perspective.

Cheers
Paul

PS. I duff me cap to the original poster on YouTube for this tip

Reactions: Ginther
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh