DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which phone / tablet DO you use

Just

Reactions
There are some topics about this question already, but a lot of non-information is clouding it's readability.
So I was wondering if people who are currently using the Mavic Pro can tell me their experience with their viewing device.

Personally I dont want to use my iPhone 7 and am looking for an bright good sized screen which doesnt give any (or almost no) lag / latency.

Could you please answer these questions:

- which phone / tablet are you using
- does it fit well without the risk of damaging the controller
- Any lag / latency
- Any problems when standing in the sunlight?
- other remarks?
- photos if possible :)

thanks in advance!

I'm glad you've started this discussion. I'm yet to get my Mavic delivered but have been looking at apps .. DJI go and Litchi. I'm not getting much confidence from the number of comments being made about DJI not giving much support or effort with Android devices. Some even say that DJI are in the pocket of Apple.
Putting aside any "fanbboy" nonsense as to which is the better platform, the fact is that Mavic users come from both platforms.
If, say those pilots who own an Android Galaxy S7, experience serious connection issues, then surely there should be a disclosure that this is currently the case.
Also, it would seem to me that apps for both platforms should be designed equally well.
I look forward to reading user experiences and recommendations.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using MavicPilots mobile app

I have an Nvidia Shield K1 Tablet that I used for my P3P and I plan on using that for my Mavic. I bought a tablet adapter off of Etsy, hopefully it will hold up.
Other than that, I'll be using my Nexus 6P.

My Mavic comes in at the end of the week/early next week. I'll update when I get it.

Here's the tablet adapter if anyone is interested.
DJI Mavic 7-8" Tablet adapter

Reactions: SkyHigh Pryo
I have an Nvidia Shield K1 Tablet that I used for my P3P and I plan on using that for my Mavic. I bought a tablet adapter off of Etsy, hopefully it will hold up.
Other than that, I'll be using my Nexus 6P.

My Mavic comes in at the end of the week/early next week. I'll update when I get it.

Here's the tablet adapter if anyone is interested.
DJI Mavic 7-8" Tablet adapter
I use that tablet on my P4 and love it. Was looking at this holder and trying to decide if that one or the one that goes on the back side of the controller for the Mavic.

SkyHigh Pyro Eye flying above

Have now approx. 40 flawless flights (battery charges) on my Mavic using mainly an Ipad4 which is dedicated and once in a while my Ipone 7

22 flights have been FPV Camera missions with the Beta version for Mavic but have plenty of experience with this excellent App on my P4.

The Ipad4 fits perfect using the 90 degree angled, 200 mm lightning cable. Adapted a Hoodyvision shade for sunny days. No obstruction of antennas or RC display.
Very happy with this setup and the Mavic Pro

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
Have now approx. 40 flawless flights (battery charges) on my Mavic using mainly an Ipad4 which is dedicated and once in a while my Ipone 7

22 flights have been FPV Camera missions with the Beta version for Mavic but have plenty of experience with this excellent App on my P4.

The Ipad4 fits perfect using the 90 degree angled, 200 mm lightning cable. Adapted a Hoodyvision shade for sunny days. No obstruction of antennas or RC display.
Very happy with this setup and the Mavic Pro
I do have an ipad 4, but i guess you mean ipad mini? How will you fit the ipad 4 otherwise?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi