DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which serial does the FAA want from me?

kjonyou

Reactions
I decided to reg my Mini 2, got to the part where they ask for a serial number. Not sure which one to enter. Aircraft or Flight Controller? Watched Pilot Institute on YouTube, they said flight controller then late said aircraft, didn't mention the Mini. My app shows this:

Battery SN
Aircraft SN
Flight Controller SN
Remote Controller SN
Camera SN

I decided to reg my Mini 2, got to the part where they ask for a serial number. Not sure which one to enter. Aircraft or Flight Controller? Watched Pilot Institute on YouTube, they said flight controller then late said aircraft, didn't mention the Mini. My app shows this:

Battery SN
Aircraft SN
Flight Controller SN
Remote Controller SN
Camera SN
Drone Also reg. under 107 and you can still fly recreational.

Reactions: pchaps and db4476
It depends on where you're registering and the specific question you're looking at. There is a place for AIRCRAFT Serial # and if you accidently get into the RID section it's asking for the Serial # of the RID device which should be N/A until they come into play. The RID serial # will be "referenced" against known serial #'s (as I understand it) and if it's not one of the valid serial #'s the Registration will FAIL!

Most likely you're just looking for the Aircraft Serial # since that is what they will have in hand should you have a fly away or UAS incident.

Reactions: pchaps
A/C s/n. Always.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerry from ok