DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why the mavic doesnt move in the exact straight path ?

Do you know how to steer the drone? Do you even understand what I'm saying? It looks you're only going back and forth in that video.

What do you mean with steer ?
Right stick forward is going ahead which means steer.
Whats different did u mean ?

You are confusing me now.

Ease up a little @Cyberpower678... it is you not understanding him.

Mine has the same problem... it will not track straight in a line with a the stick straight forward. Push straight forward and it flies off at an angle. I would bet it is a crappy designed hall effect sticks... what a terrible idea to use that type for such a sensitive job.

I have yet to find a solution. DJI told me to recalibrate it. :rolleyes:

yes, exactly thats what I mean.
right stick is straight pulled to end top, to steer forward, but still it doesnt go straight.

Maybe recalibrate the controller sticks?
Also if you're using an iPad, it may benefit to have the Home button of the tablet on the right side when it is inserted into the controller.
The magnets built into the iPad lie along the edge furthest away from the controller when the Home button is on the right.
(Remember the sticks use magnetism to sense if and in which direction the sticks are moved,
so having magnetic objects in close proximity to the controller can affect a stick calibration).

Reactions: AlexSP
Ease up a little @Cyberpower678... it is you not understanding him.

Mine has the same problem... it will not track straight in a line with a the stick straight forward. Push straight forward and it flies off at an angle. I would bet it is a crappy designed hall effect sticks... what a terrible idea to use that type for such a sensitive job.

I have yet to find a solution. DJI told me to recalibrate it. :rolleyes:
Hi there. I see you're a staff member, so it's nice to meet. You are probably right that I probably don't understand what's going on. When I push the stick forward on my Mavic it moves forward in a straight line. When I looked at the video above, it also appeared to be going straight, and the drone was aimed in the wrong direction. I do apologize if I sounded abrasive, I'm just a little confused here.

yes, exactly thats what I mean.
right stick is straight pulled to end top, to steer forward, but still it doesnt go straight.

The Mavic does go straight, it is simply the camera which at times is not pointed straight ahead. You should not go by the camera video when gauging direction, but rather the direction the craft is going on the map. The camera is always moving because the gimbal is actively stabilizing video. Sometimes it gets off centered.

Reactions: Wysiwyg
Just a thought, I have experienced the same behavior when the gps puck in my splash drone was rotated a couple degrees. Could be the internal gps in your mavic somehow is off center? My mavic flys str8 so it's not a common problem that I'm aware of.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Maybe recalibrate the controller sticks?
Also if you're using an iPad, it may benefit to have the Home button of the tablet on the right side when it is inserted into the controller.
The magnets built into the iPad lie along the edge furthest away from the controller when the Home button is on the right.
(Remember the sticks use magnetism to sense if and in which direction the sticks are moved,
so having magnetic objects in close proximity to the controller can affect a stick calibration).

I just calibrated my gimbal and controller both.
I will test tomorrow again.

The Mavic does go straight, it is simply the camera which at times is not pointed straight ahead. You should not go by the camera video when gauging direction, but rather the direction the craft is going on the map. The camera is always moving because the gimbal is actively stabilizing video. Sometimes it gets off centered.

Do you suggest to click CENTER GIMBAL each time ?

What do you mean with steer ?
Right stick forward is going ahead which means steer.
Whats different did u mean ?

You are confusing me now.
What I'm trying to say is the drone doesn't seemed to be aimed down the road. It seems to pointing about 30 degrees left to the road, and then when you accelerate, it will head straight in that direction which is to the left of the road.

The gimbal can aim 30 degree up or down, but cannot aim 30 degree left or right.

Mine is 30 degree bottom only.

Im new, but im sure, the gimbal doesnt move left and right.

The gimbal can aim 30 degree up or down, but cannot aim 30 degree left or right.

Mine is 30 degree bottom only.

Im new, but im sure, the gimbal doesnt move left and right.
I'm not saying it does. I'm saying your drone was pointed in the wrong direction. It flew straight, but in the wrong direction.

I have only seen a few people complain about it. In my situation, the stick is being pushed absolutely straight but while the camera stays straight ahead, the quad flys away at an angle.
I downloaded the OP's video and it appears to be flying in the direction of the camera... not sure on his situation.

I have only seen a few people complain about it. In my situation, the stick is being pushed absolutely straight but while the camera stays straight ahead, the quad flys away at an angle.
I downloaded the OP's video and it appears to be flying in the direction of the camera... not sure on his situation.
Now you see why I am confused. :p

Try to lock the gimbal in FPV mode.
For info, the gimbal can go few degrees left and right to compensate movements. Easy to try, take your Mavic in hand (while it's powered but blades not turning of course) and just move it a little bit left and right, the gimbal should compensate that movement by a little left right move.
This is what it do in follow mode. Didn't tried in FPV mode. But it shouldn't.

Sent from my A0001 using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: Scapegoat
Do you mean, we should keep the gimbal to FPV mode and not follow mode ?

Same for me.
My stick is straight up, but the mavic is flying to an angle instead of going straight.

Do you mean, we should keep the gimbal to FPV mode and not follow mode ?
No, I mean just to try if it resolve the problem. If it do it can be an explication and a track to follow to resolve it.
Just an idea...

Not flying straight is likely due to....not calibrating the remote controller.

OR....

New Gesture Mode
With the Mavic in the air and pointing towards you, all you need to is to make a simple frame gesture and the Mavic Pro will take a drone selfie of you.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeEagle
Not flying straight is likely due to....not calibrating the remote controller.

OR....

New Gesture Mode
With the Mavic in the air and pointing towards you, all you need to is to make a simple frame gesture and the Mavic Pro will take a drone selfie of you.

These don't seem to be the case. Calibration was performed with no effect, and the gesture mode wouldn't really cause what we're seeing. Nor have I ever used the gesture more.

When you went through the calibration, was it from the R/C itself, or the dji GO4 app?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clang123