DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why the mavic doesnt move in the exact straight path ?

networth

Reactions
Why the mavic doesnt move in the exact straight path ?

Whats the reason ?
For example, I loved to the top of a straight road.
And I wanted to go forward all the way straight, but the mavic was like whole off the road straight line.

Whats the reason ?

IMU calibrated
Firmware updatrd
Sensors on and working fine

I mean, it doesnt fly in a straight line, if the right stick is full engaged too.
It basically, is moving ahead diagonally instead of its own straight line.

Or if I have to explain its like going ahead drifting towards left a bit

shall I upload the video to show what I mean ?

Yes

But as a note have you swapped the rotor blades round to see if this changes the direction it flys in ?

Reactions: charliesRig
I'd have to say it comes down to practice and pilot control. I have no problem whatsoever getting my Mavic to fly in a "straight line" in any direction (the concept of 'straight' being somewhat different once in the air and no longer earthbound. Sometimes your aircraft may actually be sideways while flying in a "straight" line). I have flown up close to structures I've wanted to film and then fly backwards away from them while keeping them perfectly in frame the entire time and have followed straight-as-an-arrow roadways without problem.

Getting what you are looking requires learned ability in any mode, which comes back down to simple practice. However, maintaining a line of direction is made harder in Sport mode, but is very manageable in Tripod mode. Flying fast AND straight is always going to be more difficult.

But as the old joke goes with the two musician hippies:

"Hey, man. How do I get to the Hollywood Palladium?"
"Practice, man, practice!"

Reactions: guest_1121
Your drone is pointed the wrong way, try correcting the angle and look on your screen when flying.

angle ?
or gimbal ?

I dont think gimbal can move left right.
My gImbal is set to FOLLOW in settings, not FPV.

And yes, I use screen always while flying and I could clearly see it while doing, but could not correct it, even if my mavic was straight.

Perhaps the camera gimbal's yaw is not perfectly centered. I had this problem with my first Mavic. They had me send it back for a replacement. It was only off by 2 to 3 degrees, but it was enough to be annoying. If only they let you adjust it in the software like you can with the roll angle...

angle ?
or gimbal ?

I dont think gimbal can move left right.
My gImbal is set to FOLLOW in settings, not FPV.

And yes, I use screen always while flying and I could clearly see it while doing, but could not correct it, even if my mavic was straight.
To clear it up, the drone is flying in the direction the gimbal is pointed in, so it's clearly not a gimbal issue. This to me looks like the drone is being aimed in the wrong direction. This is a case of a new pilot new to drone operations.

To clear it up, the drone is flying in the direction the gimbal is pointed in, so it's clearly not a gimbal issue. This to me looks like the drone is being aimed in the wrong direction. This is a case of a new pilot new to drone operations.
The gimbal is pointed right straight with few degrees looking towards bottom, thats it.

The gimbal cannot move left or right, like I said.

Let me know, how to fix such situation then ?
How to know, if drone is pointed in the correct direction or not then ?

The gimbal is pointed right straight with few degrees looking towards bottom, thats it.

The gimbal cannot move left or right, like I said.

Let me know, how to fix such situation then ?
How to know, if drone is pointed in the correct direction or not then ?
Do you know how to steer the drone? Do you even understand what I'm saying? It looks you're only going back and forth in that video.

I can vouch for networth as well. I'm no newbie either. No wind, full sat and all calibrations the quad flies slightly to the left instead of in a straight line. I'm used to it now, but it was odd at first. If I'm flying down a straight street, I'd have to steer it a few times to keep it on track. I've calibrated the compass, IMU and the remote. For reference, my Inspire and Phantom don't have this issue.

Reactions: jamesw and Static8
I can vouch for networth as well. I'm no newbie either. No wind, full sat and all calibrations the quad flies slightly to the left instead of in a straight line. I'm used to it now, but it was odd at first. If I'm flying down a straight street, I'd have to steer it a few times to keep it on track. I've calibrated the compass, IMU and the remote. For reference, my Inspire and Phantom don't have this issue.
I can't gauge anything accurately without a flight log. The video as I see shows the drone flying straight. The only issue I see is that drone wasn't being steered.

Do you know how to steer the drone? Do you even understand what I'm saying? It looks you're only going back and forth in that video.
Ease up a little @Cyberpower678... it is you not understanding him.

Mine has the same problem... it will not track straight in a line with a the stick straight forward. Push straight forward and it flies off at an angle. I would bet it is a crappy designed hall effect sticks... what a terrible idea to use that type for such a sensitive job.

I have yet to find a solution. DJI told me to recalibrate it. :rolleyes:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gplunk99