DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wing Gets FAA approval

Actually this is a very big deal. It is the first step to pilotless airlines. Getting "Air Carrier Status" opens all sorts of doors to this new industry.

Reactions: Former Member
This not a good thing for recreational flyers. Read the whole article.

The pilots won’t have to use VLOS or altitude limitations. FAA has changed the rules for this.
-My suggestion, as parochial as it may be:

Write Amazon. Refuse drone delivery.
My house is in an NFZ for 2 airports anyway.

-Write FAA and contend that all pilots need instrument ratings as they are beyond VLOS ... and that drones used need instant and constant 360 degree visual capability visible to pilots at all times since they are going to fly on to my porch. I don’t want my pets, horses, ducks or grandchildren at risk.

-If they get hung in my 100 ft trees trees I’ll refuse access to the property, but I’ll remove it just like I do kites, etc... yes I know about big bucks that got this “service” approved but if it gets too onerous maybe it will die a natural death.

-Might also help if no drone related equipment was not purchased, and nothing else either, by those owning drones... and tell Amazon why. Plus copy your emails to Google, eBay, and anyone else you can think of. That’s the only way for us to speak with dollars.

-Enlist the local delivery drivers help. The ones this will unemploy.
I know it’s a rant..., but if I can’t fly in my yard VLOS, why should I support others to do the same.

Last edited:
Haha. I’m not sure. It’s only a small area they are delivering to. I think there are around 100 houses in the trial area

To be honest, that drone looks like something my Jodi’s have designed and built

I saw the side profile first.
Oh it's a pretty pla...oh, ah..hmm. Nope its a flying Catamaran with a box for a keel.

.... and what is the process when they are flying down the street trying to read house numbers?
... and what about the inevitable, even if uncommon, loss of control or crash? Oops, just happened to be mowing my yard with my robot lawnmower...

The person at the address of whom it was delivered receives it.

Unordered Merchandise

Q. Am I obligated to return or pay for merchandise I never ordered?

A. No. If you receive merchandise that you didn’t order, you have a legal right to keep it as a free gift.
Understand now... agree of course.

Still wondering about children playing in my yardand/or riding bicycles, pets, ducks, horses, etc... and how delivery can be accurate without endangering them. Live on a 1/2 mile long private road with over 15 children ages 4-8 yrs old. Hard enough to train them to watch out for cars

The drone appears never to actually land in the demo video but rather lowers its cargo via a remotely activated cord then waits for someone to unload the bag. Then it retracts the cord and flys away so there's no danger of anyone getting hurt on the ground. But what if no one comes outside to detach the bag? Is the drone able to remotely release the bag so it falls to the ground and the dog can take it away? All of this is cool but the complications seem to outweigh flying something 2-4 miles vs just using a ground delivery service. Do I have to tip the drone?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J