DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wing Gets FAA approval

They are operating now in Canberra

Actually,there is a company or 2 here in Canada that deliver critical packs such as prescriptions to northern communities using rpas. It’s quite an exciting time I think. Who knows where it is all going really,but progress progresses I suppose.

It will eventually happen because trains are doing it now and cars are would still a few bugs to work out hello. Are aligners today essentially do it now anyway and the pilots I'm in the cockpit to either manually fly it or deviate what is put into the flight management system for IFR flight plans. The psychological hurdle would be with passengers flying in a pilotless airliner. Your thoughts.
I think it will happen too.

Reactions: 4thdpi
Just throwing this frisbee in the air .
Who here will be investing in these delivery companies . I am fully aware that there will some drawbacks . The trick will be investing in the right company . Proofreading that last sentence caused me to say Captain Obvious out loud and I am by myself .
Personally I am looking forward to drone deliveries . Just think of all of the good YouTube videos that will surface .
We all know that somebody is going to film themselves stealing a delivery drone .

There will be someone from a rural outpost giving an interview regarding the day that the aliens came and brought gifts as a peace offering . Except this is no peace offering at all . The aliens are just buttering us to up to get our guard down.

There will be a news report from Texas . Rancher Shoots Drone Out Of Sky .
What about the news report from Compton ? You guessed it .

Local Gangs Use Stolen Delivery Drone To Deliver Drugs .
We truly live in exciting times .

The story that I cannot wait for .
Man Proposes Marriage And Has Drone Deliver The Ring .

It' gonna happen .

Reactions: Carb63
Totally agree. I keep hearing people saying that hobbyist that ignore the rules are our biggest threat to drone pilots. I personally think big business is our biggest threat. These drones will be flying out of line of site in our present airspace and big business will push us out.
I dont honestly think we are going to see a drone delivering my Amazon prime purchases because their flight times are going to be limited by the same things that limit hobby pilots.. I could be 100% wrong but I see endless barriers for home deliveries . I do however see a huge potential in places like rural Alaska where the cost of getting supplies is astronomical.

house numbers are converted to exact gps
Those are a close approximation. I use GPS to go to addresses and there have been many times where the GPS location has been off; some as far as 200'. Twice the address was on the wrong side of the street. This is over almost a three year span.

This technology is new, there will be growing pains but in time it will have a near 100% success rate IMHO.

This not a good thing for recreational flyers. Read the whole article.

The pilots won’t have to use VLOS or altitude limitations. FAA has changed the rules for this.
-My suggestion, as parochial as it may be:

Write Amazon. Refuse drone delivery.
My house is in an NFZ for 2 airports anyway.

-Write FAA and contend that all pilots need instrument ratings as they are beyond VLOS ... and that drones used need instant and constant 360 degree visual capability visible to pilots at all times since they are going to fly on to my porch. I don’t want my pets, horses, ducks or grandchildren at risk.

-If they get hung in my 100 ft trees trees I’ll refuse access to the property, but I’ll remove it just like I do kites, etc... yes I know about big bucks that got this “service” approved but if it gets too onerous maybe it will die a natural death.

-Might also help if no drone related equipment was not purchased, and nothing else either, by those owning drones... and tell Amazon why. Plus copy your emails to Google, eBay, and anyone else you can think of. That’s the only way for us to speak with dollars.

-Enlist the local delivery drivers help. The ones this will unemploy.
I know it’s a rant..., but if I can’t fly in my yard VLOS, why should I support others to do the same.

Seems like this will kill recreational flying and make operating a small commercial business very difficult.

Reactions: Thomas B
Yep , when big business gets in the air , us little fish are going to struggle for space .
Sadly, it will create a million or so U.S. criminals if pilots other than big box store delete pilots are restricted. I have already begun leaving a message in all my online purchases that drone deliveries will not/cannot be accepted.

NOPE. Totally a bad idea. There are way too many variables that could, and will go wrong. We don't need drone delivery services. There ARE drone services that are needed. This is NOT one of them. They are all seeing $$$, but when things start going wrong, this will probably get shut down. Make your $$ while you can FAA and delivery companies- it's not going to last.

Reactions: PropSpin
What the process for adding your name to the list of future work/employment as a RP for Alphebet ? Are they hiring ? Guess a pilot has to have lots of hours logged as remote pilot. JS.

My objective once I get my RP license is search and rescue and medical deliveries and possibly Real estate. I don’t want to leave that perverbial door open for the consumer placing the blame on me for a late delivery or something missing from their order and accusing me of taking their purchases. Nope. I’ll stick to my goal of helping people or medical field.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078