DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

winter flight issue

Rmwac

Reactions
I flew a 15 min Litchi waypoint mission yesterday, in 10 degree temps. At minute 12, the RC gave an "RTH...stick error" message. The flight concluded normally, even after I retook manual control to land, after my final waypoint. I then flew a manual flight in DJIgo4, with Error Messages galore.... "Check App," "Recenter Stick," "System Error." On my Ipad display was a red warning line where the green "GPS Mode" would normally be.... "Danger... calibration required". The bird flew completely nominally, and had no "atti mode" style drift, so the GPS stabilization appeared to be functioning.
I'm wondering if the IMU cooled below some required temp threshold??? At any rate, it's drama I don't need... Once rewarmed, all of these errors disappeared. I took it briefly back outside to make sure the satellites, etc.
were behaving nominally. I think I'll not be flying in cold temps again. Is there a list somewhere of the various RC error messages, and their meanings?

As I think on this more, I have gotten various mysterious EC errors even in warmer weather
Is this magnetic stick controller going to be a big No Go issue?? I've been reading that even the placement of an Ipad in the RC mount deforms the RC enough to induce stick errors. Are these errors pretty much a ubiquitous Mavic problem??? Can I troubleshoot and fix any of this???

I just installed latest the version of Dji Asst 2.... Refreshed the firmware in the AC..... with battery 1... Out of curiosity, I shut down and slipped in battery 2, in which an "incompatible version" warning popped up. Re-ran the update with battery 2... no warning. Battery 3 no warning. Battery 4.... warning. I picked up 2 new DJI batteries recently. So, 2 batteries were in need of a Firmware upgrade. Also refreshed the RC .. I wonder if having a battery firmware version conflict might have been responsible for some of the random RC Error warnings???
I have to admit, I wasn't paying attention to which battery I was using when Error codes struck, but I will from now on!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J