DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would you dare do this with your Mavic? (1 foot off the water, 40mph)

Found it relaxing to watch. ??

Reactions: rossmoney
Awesome there Ross.
Bit of motion blur needed, have you considered an ND filter for the GP ? Lol ?

Still like your logging in the mist video best though.
hey thanks for the feedback!
that logging video was a special one.
I was using a ND32 for this shoot and maxing out at 1/120th shutter speed and 29.97fps.
Typically shoot at 1/60th and 29.97 but recently there's been too much motion blur and you can see the effects of it especially in this post stabilization program I use called "reelsteadyGO"

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
hey thanks for the feedback!
that logging video was a special one.
I was using a ND32 for this shoot and maxing out at 1/120th shutter speed and 29.97fps.
Typically shoot at 1/60th and 29.97 but recently there's been too much motion blur and you can see the effects of it especially in this post stabilization program I use called "reelsteadyGO"

Thanks for the feedback there, I was sort of joking, lol, wasn't really expecting you to be using a filter Thumbswayup
The Hawaii sunshine would probably suit the ND32 for sure, with water reflections too.

So that's on a GoPro ? What model ? Or clone ? Or other ?
I have a session 5 I've used for 4WD trips on the vehicle, or used with a head mount walking or snorkelling.
I've seen many use these, or cheaper clones, with FPV, and yes I've seen ND filters for them too.

Great you are putting the effort into shooting good FPS / shutter, and in post work, it shows !! ??

If I get into FPV, I might use the session 5, or just go with a later model GP, the stabilisation is great with the 7 or 8, though they weight a fair amount more too !!
What are your thoughts, better to use a programme like ReelSteady GO with a lighter GP ?

Thanks for the feedback there, I was sort of joking, lol, wasn't really expecting you to be using a filter Thumbswayup
The Hawaii sunshine would probably suit the ND32 for sure, with water reflections too.

So that's on a GoPro ? What model ? Or clone ? Or other ?
I have a session 5 I've used for 4WD trips on the vehicle, or used with a head mount walking or snorkelling.
I've seen many use these, or cheaper clones, with FPV, and yes I've seen ND filters for them too.

Great you are putting the effort into shooting good FPS / shutter, and in post work, it shows !! ??

If I get into FPV, I might use the session 5, or just go with a later model GP, the stabilisation is great with the 7 or 8, though they weight a fair amount more too !!
What are your thoughts, better to use a programme like ReelSteady GO with a lighter GP ?
I’m using the GoPro hero 6 for all the long range risky stuff, and the GoPro hero 8 for high bitrate stuff (low light, super slow motion)
ReelsteadyGO is incredible. In my opinion much better than even the hero 8 with hypersmooth boost.
Yeah the GoPro adds a TON of weight, but it ends up being worth it!

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Exellent and relaxing vid. Do you use any sort of locater to find the quad if it goes down?

Exellent and relaxing vid. Do you use any sort of locater to find the quad if it goes down?
Hey thanks! Great question.. with this one I have a setting turned on that makes the motors beep really loud so that I can locate it when I’m within range.
I typically use the recorded goggle feed to try and find the general area it goes down.
there are definitely spots that were irretrievable like skimming over the white sand or (obviously) all the water :)

I’m using the GoPro hero 6 for all the long range risky stuff, and the GoPro hero 8 for high bitrate stuff (low light, super slow motion)
ReelsteadyGO is incredible. In my opinion much better than even the hero 8 with hypersmooth boost.
Yeah the GoPro adds a TON of weight, but it ends up being worth it!
I'm going to be completely honest, I'd NEVER risk a GoPro Hero 8 doing such dangerous stuff. I'd probably risk a $28 supposedly "4k" camera but nothing more expensive. I'd probably crash an FPV drone before I even took off! Congratulations, I envy your capabilities.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki