DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

“Aircraft disconnected” flight data help

Lapeer20m

Reactions
I’m posting this here because there is not much activity on the enterprise forum under the matrice heading...

Is the process of interpreting the flight data from matrice the same as mavic?

I had an issue with m210 that will likely require the aircraft to be sent to dji for repair but wanted the experts here to interpret the flight data and tell me if my suspicions are correct or not.

Rc “disconnected” mid-flight causing the ac to rth, but telemetry and video were NOT lost.

It’s a terrible feeling to have a $25k aircraft that does not respond to stick inputs, watching, just hoping it will choose a safe place to auto land. Which it did.

In trying to problem solve, i used two different smart devices (crystal sky) and today i realize one is set to the proper time zone (-5 gm) and the other is set to +8 gmt..so the times/dates of the files are all over the place.

I can't makes heads or tails of these. Here is a link to several recent files.

I'm specifically looking for the last two flights. Both ended with remote controller "disconnected" In the earlier flight, matrice auto landed....it was within 30' of the takeoff point. In the 2nd, matrice initiated auto rth after rc was disconnected.

Can anyone help sort out which files are which?

Also, is there a way to get data from the aircraft itself?

i just wanted to recover any useful data and try to understand what is happening before the aircraft gets sent back to DJI.

Thanks!

Dropbox - dat files - Simplify your life

...Rc “disconnected” mid-flight causing the ac to rth, but telemetry and video were NOT lost...
I don't know if it is the same for the Matrice, but for my MP to receive telemetry and video there has to be a connection. There may have been a momentary disconnect causing RTH and then connection was restored giving you video and telemetry. You could then cancel RTH and continue flying.

For the MP, in the upper left hand corner of Go 4:
• "Aircraft Disconnected" with red background means the disconnect is between the RC and AC. The RC will display "Connecting".
• "Disconnected" with grey background means a disconnect between the RC and your display device. The RC will display telemetry information if it is still connected with the AC.

Last edited:
The Inspire and Commercial pilots forums don't seem very active - I don't check them regularly.
In trying to problem solve, i used two different smart devices (crystal sky) and today i realize one is set to the proper time zone (-5 gm) and the other is set to +8 gmt..so the times/dates of the files are all over the place.

I can't makes heads or tails of these. Here is a link to several recent files.

I'm specifically looking for the last two flights. Both ended with remote controller "disconnected" In the earlier flight, matrice auto landed....it was within 30' of the takeoff point. In the 2nd, matrice initiated auto rth after rc was disconnected.

Can anyone help sort out which files are which?

Also, is there a way to get data from the aircraft itself?

i just wanted to recover any useful data and try to understand what is happening before the aircraft gets sent back to DJI.

Thanks!

Dropbox - dat files - Simplify your life

Follow these instructions to retrieve the aircraft DAT files:

How to retrieve a V3 .DAT File from the AC

thanks!

here is the .dat file from the aircraft from the latest flight....at least i think this is the correct one. It should correspond to this video where the aircraft is "disconnected" and auto landing even with the left stick pushed all the way up.

it's strange, because the remote controller is still receiving telemetry and video but the aircraft thinks the RC is disconnected.

Dropbox - FLY173.DAT

it's strange, because the remote controller is still receiving telemetry and video but the aircraft thinks the RC is disconnected.
Indeed - The DAT log reports:

73.777 : 5215 [L-FMU/LED]action changed. rc completely lost:(0)

Are you running an 'older' firmware on your Cendence or the new one (with Mulitlink): v02.00.0160

I will check and see.
I suspect the RC has disconnected only in the sense that the M210 is not receiving data from the RC. The link is still good, it's just that there isn't any data flowing across the link. That implies the failure is in the software that runs the RC.

1550671962467.png

The signal strength is very good (usually at 100%) for the entire flight. At about 73 secs the RC:connected value shows the M210 is disconnected. However, connectedToRC shows as still being connected. connectedToRC is the value being sent to the Go App and that's why the Go App is reporting that the M210 is still connected.

I suspect the RC has disconnected only in the sense that the M210 is not receiving data from the RC. The link is still good, it's just that there isn't any data flowing across the link. That implies the failure is in the software that runs the RC.

View attachment 63521

The signal strength is very good (usually at 100%) for the entire flight. At about 73 secs the RC:connected value shows the M210 is disconnected. However, connectedToRC shows as still being connected. connectedToRC is the value being sent to the Go App and that's why the Go App is reporting that the M210 is still connected.

Agreed. One question though - since this is the aircraft DAT file, if the aircraft is receiving no data from the RC then how does it know what is being sent to the GO app by the RC?

Agreed. One question though - since this is the aircraft DAT file, if the aircraft is receiving no data from the RC then how does it know what is being sent to the GO app by the RC?
Probably it's just assuming that the RC is forwarding data to Go App - it doesn't get a verification that the data was sent.

@Lapeer20m it appears that the C1 button was pressed just prior to the "disconnect"?
1550674375192.png
Did this happen in the other "disconnect" incidences?

How about the possibility that the TX module on the RC crashed?
To speak in OSI layer terms:
Physical and Link layer are connected, but Transport layer or higher layers are, for whatever reason unable to send their data via the lower layers to the M210.
Therefore the RC was receiving telemetry data, but no uplink (control stick inputs) signals are passing the antennas.

How about the possibility that the TX module on the RC crashed?
To speak in OSI layer terms:

Physical and Link layer are connected, but Transport layer or higher layers are, for whatever reason unable to send their data via the lower layers to the M210.
Therefore the RC was receiving telemetry data, but no uplink (control stick inputs) signals are passing the antennas.
But, the signal strength was very good. RC:sigStrength is computed by DatCon based on the rc_debug_info:frame_Lost data. Basically, a running average is kept that represents the number of frames lost in the previous 20 records. If all 20 frames are present then RC:sigStrength = 100%. If all 20 frames have been lost RC:sigStrength = 0%.

1550683375240.png

@Lapeer20m it appears that the C1 button was pressed just prior to the "disconnect"?
View attachment 63529
Did this happen in the other "disconnect" incidences?

I don't believe the c-1 button was pressed during the other incidences. I suspect what happened in this particular flight is that the aircraft had stopped responding and while fumbling for my phone in order to record what was happening my fat fingers accidentally pushed the c-1 button. I likely should have gotten someone else to film for me, or at the very least wore a chest rig for the camera.

also of note, is that I have used two different cendence remote controllers and still this issue persists.

I have also re-installed the firmware

We've had matrice for several months and have quite a few problem free flights. I've been flying mavic for almost 2 years now and have hundreds of miles and countless hours under my belt.

looking back, I think this problem started a few weeks ago. Matrice would be flying in a straight line and slow or stop momentarilly, then would continue on without issue. At the time i thought it was related to the vision sensors as it acted similiar to mavic when it will occasionally stop when facing into the setting sun for instance. This issue of slowing or stopping became frequent the day that we had our first disconnect. I now believe that what was likely happening is that this "disconnect" was taking place for short periods of time, but correcting itself before RTH kicked in.

I've opened a ticket with DJI and I assume this will be getting sent in for service.

I don't believe the c-1 button was pressed during the other incidences. I suspect what happened in this particular flight is that the aircraft had stopped responding and while fumbling for my phone in order to record what was happening my fat fingers accidentally pushed the c-1 button. I likely should have gotten someone else to film for me, or at the very least wore a chest rig for the camera.

also of note, is that I have used two different cendence remote controllers and still this issue persists.

I have also re-installed the firmware

We've had matrice for several months and have quite a few problem free flights. I've been flying mavic for almost 2 years now and have hundreds of miles and countless hours under my belt.

looking back, I think this problem started a few weeks ago. Matrice would be flying in a straight line and slow or stop momentarilly, then would continue on without issue. At the time i thought it was related to the vision sensors as it acted similiar to mavic when it will occasionally stop when facing into the setting sun for instance. This issue of slowing or stopping became frequent the day that we had our first disconnect. I now believe that what was likely happening is that this "disconnect" was taking place for short periods of time, but correcting itself before RTH kicked in.

I've opened a ticket with DJI and I assume this will be getting sent in for service.

I suspect it's not a HW issue in the controller. Rather a FW issue. Are they both running the same FW?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut