DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

“New” Mavic air just unboxed.

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
A buddy of mine pulled out two Mavic Air drones that He bought years ago and never flew. He has quite a few drones. I have plugged in the controller and battery. So far the battery seems to be charging and the controller is blinking…one light quite rapidly. The manual says nothing about that. It may be dead. We’ll see. If it’s not it may be a toy to lend friends but eBay and such are asking $200 for a battery so I doubt it’s going to get much flight time even if it revives :). It also calls for the Go 4 app which I know nothing about but I’ll look into it if the battery in the controller ever charges. Any thoughts on the Go4 or other comments are welcome. I have an FPV, Mav3 and Mini 3 Pro with an Avata on the way so this would be a toy to lend friends. UPdate :). The controller battery does seem to be charging. If anyone has a source for reasonably priced batteries it would be fun to have one or two others.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4006448
Any thoughts on the Go4 ...
😁 and in GO4 you will find everything you miss in DJI Fly...honestly. And if you try the MA1 with Litchi, no more jerky virtual stick command, instead the whole mission is loaded into the drone & it will carry it out even if you lose the connection (if you wish).

But the batteries... yeah, that will be a problem.

The iPhone 13 Pro Max size was a problem too. It works but just barely…

I bought a couple of Air batteries a couple years ago on ebay for around $60. I guess they have gone up? Also, I don't consider the Air a "toy." It can do some really magnificent things. Fly 'er...I think you'll be amazed.

Reactions: Lespaxvera
I bought a couple of Air batteries a couple years ago on ebay for around $60. I guess they have gone up?
Dealers have them marked up pretty high right now since they are out of stock in the DJI Store.

If the batteries are new they'll have a warranty on them. New=not activated.

I have two Mavic Air that I rarely fly since getting the A2S. I charged two of my batteries and flew with them and they both swelled while flying. I contacted DJI and although my batteries were out of warranty they sold me two new batteries for $75 each.

😁 and in GO4 you will find everything you miss in DJI Fly...honestly. And if you try the MA1 with Litchi, no more jerky virtual stick command, instead the whole mission is loaded into the drone & it will carry it out even if you lose the connection (if you wish).

But the batteries... yeah, that will be a problem.
You can order ma1 batteries on DJI website.

You can order ma1 batteries on DJI website.
This is what's shown in the DJI online webstore ... doesn't matter what country/region you look at. It's been out of stock quite a while now. The original Mavic Air have been discontinued, don't expect DJI suddenly will start to make batteries for it now, long time after marked support isn't their thing.

If some comes up for sale somewhere, it's probably "new" old stock... which is already aged when you receive them

1664798196760.png

This is what's shown in the DJI online webstore ... doesn't matter what country/region you look at. It's been out of stock quite a while now. The original Mavic Air have been discontinued, don't expect DJI suddenly will start to make batteries for it now, long time after marked support isn't their thing.

If some comes up for sale somewhere, it's probably "new" old stock... which is already aged when you receive them

View attachment 155417

View attachment 155417
The best way to get them is to e-mail DJI consumer service directly and order from them. I got one this way about a month ago.
Good luck

I got a barely used Mavic Air and Not a scratch on it, all 3 batts charge and give normal flight times, Only thing I dont care for is the remote. But with that said the Air is very fun to fly, and does everything you need it to do.

Reactions: hiflyer201
DJI has Mavic Air Batteries back in stock after a long absence.
I'm with Dragons about the remote. I was ok with it until used the newer style. Same with the fly app. I much prefer it as well.

Reactions: Firejay27
A buddy of mine pulled out two Mavic Air drones that He bought years ago and never flew. He has quite a few drones. I have plugged in the controller and battery. So far the battery seems to be charging and the controller is blinking…one light quite rapidly. The manual says nothing about that. It may be dead. We’ll see. If it’s not it may be a toy to lend friends but eBay and such are asking $200 for a battery so I doubt it’s going to get much flight time even if it revives :). It also calls for the Go 4 app which I know nothing about but I’ll look into it if the battery in the controller ever charges. Any thoughts on the Go4 or other comments are welcome. I have an FPV, Mav3 and Mini 3 Pro with an Avata on the way so this would be a toy to lend friends. UPdate :). The controller battery does seem to be charging. If anyone has a source for reasonably priced batteries it would be fun to have one or two others.
Hope you get it charged and up in the air. I really liked my Mavic Air. I really liked the Go 4 app. I was disappointed when I had to start using the fly app when I upgraded. I think you'll have fun with it. Its a sound bird

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada