Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

0.18 Still disco's

Simmo

Learning every day!!
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hey Ladies and Gents,
After the debarcle a few weeks ago with the firmware update, and the Go4 update... I too lost my video link on my Samsung Tab A.
Back peddling Go4 to .15 got me going again. After a little while, end of November, I loaded up .18 again and all seemed fixed.
Tried the new pano mode out and thought beauty! Lets go!
Drive out to cool location today, set everything up take off and hold at 5 mtrs......disco...
Land, redo/restart everything... take off, hold at 5......disco....land...
Change usb lead, redo/restart everything.... take off hold...all good... ascend 30m, 40m DISCO....
Hold there, replug in leads etc, get connection back, take pano at about a third of the required hieght, land, throw it all in the back and drive home.

What is going on?????

Is there that much processing happening in the app that my dedicated Tab A cant keep up anymore? Do I have to buy a Wundertablet??
Do I have to go back to .15 and forgo the new features??
What do I do???

Reactions: Mred32 and wsteele
Is there that much processing happening in the app...
Possible. DJI tries to protect its app from modifying by adding encryption within the app.
GO4 already is resource hungry, so any more computing power moved to other tasks (decryption) leads to performance issues on other processes such as video feed on some phones/tablets.

Reactions: k3vnnyork and Simmo
I'm seriously over this crap eh?
I took the tab A back to .15 and bugger me, that wont work either...
Shut down every thing I could, no forward radar, no histogram, no over exposure warnings, no cache..nothing... NO GO.....
Fired up Drone Harmony instead of Go4 and ROCK SOLID VIDEO for the rest of the battery.
Quite dejected...... I thought, 'I'll try my Samsung S7 phone', with GO4 .18 and PERFECT.... for a whole battery.....
Even though the Tab is listed on DJI's site as working, mine doesn't, whereas it has been perfect (in the past) as a dedicated device for months.
I cant afford to buy ANOTHER dedicated tablet, when I dont see this issue as being my fault.
Do you guys think I can return this for a refund as it clearly doesn't work as described????

A little bit of an update, still on .15, still lose video. (black and white, frozen.)
Take off, up about 5 mtrs and lose video, my telemetry was still working??? So even with no video I just punched up and the telemetry reflected the AC movements??
What's the go there???

Its 4.1.18 not 4.18 or 4.0.18

Anyhoo the compatibility list is old and dji have made the go 4 app a lot more resource hungry so old devices will struggle

that's why I went for a dedicated phone, although tablets have space for more processing power, better cooling, bigger batteries etc they seem to make them under powered in comparison to phones

I've only ever indicated the release by its last 2 digits?
Anyway, I see what you are saying, yet other apps work, Go4 doesn't, after this last series of releases, all called 4.1.18...
As an old device, 2016, sheeze are they aiming at us replacing our devices annually?? (or forced to buy CS?)

0.18 in the title

Like I said tablets are under powered from the start so a 2016 tablet is probably like a 2014 flagship phone

Reactions: Simmo
Its 4.1.18 not 4.18 or 4.0.18

Anyhoo the compatibility list is old and dji have made the go 4 app a lot more resource hungry so old devices will struggle

that's why I went for a dedicated phone, although tablets have space for more processing power, better cooling, bigger batteries etc they seem to make them under powered in comparison to phones

Modern Sony phone won't work with this POS app either.
4.1.18 has grounded me as I can't get clean vision on my phone screen.
I used to be able to run in airplane mode and turn off Cache to device and run all day.
Actually have my son's Samsung Tab A here and was about to organise a holder for it, but definitely won't bother now!

Also over the whole DJI rubbish app.
Might have to get a rope and swing the Mavic around my head on that....

Reactions: Simmo
Mate you are now feeling my pain......
Go4 for Android is Shite!
I have been playing with Drone Harmony, and it worked fine.... so I purchased Litchi, and yep works great with a 5 mtr flight in the back yard..
I'm sitting here now, devising a flight plan to take the Mavic and Litchi for a run tomorrow!

Mate you are now feeling my pain......
Go4 for Android is Shite!
I have been playing with Drone Harmony, and it worked fine.... so I purchased Litchi, and yep works great with a 5 mtr flight in the back yard..
I'm sitting here now, devising a flight plan to take the Mavic and Litchi for a run tomorrow!
Been feeling the pain since March this year.... On and off.

Sitting here with my phone, about to unlock the security features to sideload the older 4.1.15 and wondering what I'm opening myself up to

.15 didnt work for me...
I did a full device reset on my dedicated Tab A 6, and reloaded everything...same....
I turned off all the privacy stuff in Go 4, and it still is that resource hungry, I believe, that it shuts everything down...
Litchy.....peachy...cant wait to try it out tomorrow...

.15 didnt work for me...
I did a full device reset on my dedicated Tab A 6, and reloaded everything...same....
I turned off all the privacy stuff in Go 4, and it still is that resource hungry, I believe, that it shuts everything down...
Litchy.....peachy...cant wait to try it out tomorrow...
I'm sure you'll find it great.

I just annoys me no end that the company that makes the drone isn't capable of making an app to fly it reliably.
Used to get all the apple users say just buy an Apple device.... Well now GO-4 doesn't work for them either and they finally understand what we're putting up with.

You SHOULD NOT have to purchase another app from a third party company to fly a $1700 aud drone.....

Reactions: Rnl and Simmo
I'm frikkin hearing ya brother!!!
My wife was just givin me that look when I wanted to pay out ANOTHER $35 aud for Litchi....
If this all goes pear shaped then I think I will give my RC career a retirement..
DJI, great product when you buy it......the rest is history.....

Drove over an hour today to a location to film a mate's road trike motorcycles.
Put the Mavic up in the air to begin the filming.... Bam! Pixelated vision, unable to even tell where I was pointed most of the time.
About to view the vision now and see if I captured anything.

My Sony X3000 Action Cam was less than half the money and is flawless in everything it does and captures....

Modern Sony phone won't work with this POS app either.
4.1.18 has grounded me as I can't get clean vision on my phone screen.
I used to be able to run in airplane mode and turn off Cache to device and run all day.
Actually have my son's Samsung Tab A here and was about to organise a holder for it, but definitely won't bother now!

Also over the whole DJI rubbish app.
Might have to get a rope and swing the Mavic around my head on that....
My Sony XZ has been fine since 4.1.8 and always have casheing on

Here's a thought, just speculation on my part.

It just came out that Apple throttles down the CPU speed on its phones once the battery gets older so that the battery lasts longer. Could it be that your tablet is doing the same thing? Could it be that your CPU changes capabilities based on battery level?

Here's a thought, just speculation on my part.

It just came out that Apple throttles down the CPU speed on its phones once the battery gets older so that the battery lasts longer. Could it be that your tablet is doing the same thing? Could it be that your CPU changes capabilities based on battery level?

It's a phone, not a tablet, but I ran a CPU test at home.
Over 5 mins it averaged better than 64%.

At the time of the flight the battery was about 80% charged. Before this flight today, I hadn't had this issue since I learnt to turn off cache....
Definitely something that DJI have done in the new version.

I'd love to downgrade, but I'm not comfortable with switching off the security features for a third party sites.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots