DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1.0.6 APP, work with Android 10

Works good on my iPad and iPhone also.

I have not yet bought a Mavic Mini, just downloaded the app to check compatibility on the Google Pixel 3a (some users report it flies alright, but the DJI site does not list the 3a as compatible device). I tried both v.1.0.4 and v.1.0.6. Both install nicely, can register, etc., but when I click the location icon in the left uppper corner, the map with my location pops up for a fraction of the second and an error message appears - Check network. On a blank background. After I click Retry several times, I can see (again for a 1/3rd of the second) that the map is updated and shows my current location. Again Check network. Anyone else with the same issue? Mind you again - this is without connected aircraft or remote. Just the app on the phone (Developer Mode on the device is enabled, if that matters)

I have not yet bought a Mavic Mini, just downloaded the app to check compatibility on the Google Pixel 3a (some users report it flies alright, but the DJI site does not list the 3a as compatible device). I tried both v.1.0.4 and v.1.0.6. Both install nicely, can register, etc., but when I click the location icon in the left uppper corner, the map with my location pops up for a fraction of the second and an error message appears - Check network. On a blank background. After I click Retry several times, I can see (again for a 1/3rd of the second) that the map is updated and shows my current location. Again Check network. Anyone else with the same issue? Mind you again - this is without connected aircraft or remote. Just the app on the phone (Developer Mode on the device is enabled, if that matters)
try it with it all connected up and see what happens

Reactions: dirkclod
He will have to wait till he buys one first one omm. :)

good point Dc i missed that

• Haha
Reactions: dirkclod

To check for further connectivity , have you tried "connect to aircraft"
It should take you to the "Remote Controller Setup and Power On" page
If you then hit "camera view" in the top right, you should get into the camera view screen (there won't be a feed as you don't have the RC and AC connected)
If it kicks you out to the main screen again, just try "connect to aircraft" again

To test the compatibility in the camera view, you should try and open all the menu's "..." in the top right of the screen and change some of the settings
Some of the settings can be changed others will not as you don't have the AC connection

If you can get this far, there is some compatibility between DJI Fly and the Pixel 3a, but unfortunately the real test is to connect the RC and AC for the camera live feed.

Last edited:
To check for further connectivity , have you tried "connect to aircraft"
It should take you to the "Remote Controller Setup and Power On" page
If you then hit "camera view" in the top right, you should get into the camera view screen (there won't be a feed as you don't have the RC and AC connected)
If it kicks you out to the main screen again, just try "connect to aircraft" again

To test the compatibility in the camera view, you should try and open all the menu's "..." in the top right of the screen and change some of the settings
Some of the settings can be changed others will not as you don't have the AC connection

If you can get this far, there is some compatibility between DJI Fly and the Pixel 3a, but unfortunately the real test is to connect the RC and AC for the camera live feed.

OK, "Connect to aircraft" opens the "Remote Controller Setup and Power On" page correctly. Then I press the "camera view", and opens correctly (a black) screen for the camera view, with a message in red - "RC not connected to mobile device". Looks good so far.

The menus in Camera view open correctly, I can change the settings like max altitude, distance, etc. Opening the map (left down corener) from Camera view works ok, too.

So the only bug is when I try to open the location map from the main screen in the left upper corner - maybe it needs the AC to be connected.
Thank you very much for the detailed info!

OK, "Connect to aircraft" opens the "Remote Controller Setup and Power On" page correctly. Then I press the "camera view", and opens correctly (a black) screen for the camera view, with a message in red - "RC not connected to mobile device". Looks good so far.

The menus in Camera view open correctly, I can change the settings like max altitude, distance, etc. Opening the map (left down corener) from Camera view works ok, too.

So the only bug is when I try to open the location map from the main screen in the left upper corner - maybe it needs the AC to be connected.
Thank you very much for the detailed info!

We'll that is good progress, it looks like it will work

New app 1.0.6 is here! Works on my Note10+ with Android 10.
DJI Fly 1.0.6
On my s10+ with android 10. As well. finally got to fly the thing its amazing..

My app hasn't updated yet and doesn't show an option to upgrade. I am using a Note 8 right now but I also have the Fly app on my Note 10+ and both are on the old version. Am I missing something? Thanks

My app hasn't updated yet and doesn't show an option to upgrade. I am using a Note 8 right now but I also have the Fly app on my Note 10+ and both are on the old version. Am I missing something? Thanks
Grab it from the Play Store, or sideload.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98