DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$1,000,000 liability insurance Kentucky State Parks

paulwwww

Reactions
Was planning on taking a trip to Natural Bridge State park in Kentucky. Looked up rules for flying there, they have a form to get approval. It appears hobby is still an option and wanted to fly under that pretense. (Do not have a Part 107) Been with State Farm for about 35 years, they said the home owner policy will coverage drone usage, however I found out that my home only carries $300,000 for liability.
Long story short, anyone have any experience in this department? Will I need a better policy? Or is it simply a formality and most parks will waive it on through knowing your just flying a toy around, lol. Any information is appreciated...

Reactions: Hauptmann
Was planning on taking a trip to Natural Bridge State park in Kentucky. Looked up rules for flying there, they have a form to get approval. It appears hobby is still an option and wanted to fly under that pretense. (Do not have a Part 107) Been with State Farm for about 35 years, they said the home owner policy will coverage drone usage, however I found out that my home only carries $300,000 for liability.
Long story short, anyone have any experience in this department? Will I need a better policy? Or is it simply a formality and most parks will waive it on through knowing your just flying a toy around, lol. Any information is appreciated...
They said you need $1,000,000 policy to fly a drone in the park? That’s outrageous.

I’m skeptical you would be covered under your home owners insurance while flying at the park but I’m not in insurance. If you really need it there are apps that let you buy drone insurance on demand for the length of time you are flying.

• Wow
Reactions: Hauptmann
They said you need $1,000,000 policy to fly a drone in the park? That’s outrageous.

I’m skeptical you would be covered under your home owners insurance while flying at the park but I’m not in insurance. If you really need it there are apps that let you buy drone insurance on demand for the length of time you are flying.
Yea, agree, a cool million, jeebus. Good info, was going to talk with State Farm again tomorrow, but don't really want to get into a new policy. Will try google for that, have you gone this route with short term insurance before, and if so with who? Thanks!

Sometimes with homeowners you would be surprised. For some reason mine covers me if I get sued for slander....lol. I didn't even realize that was a popular thing.

Reactions: paulwwww
Yea, agree, a cool million, jeebus. Good info, was going to talk with State Farm again tomorrow, but don't really want to get into a new policy. Will try google for that, have you gone this route with short term insurance before, and if so with who? Thanks!
I’ve never had to do it but I always see it offered in AirMap when I get LAANC authorizations so that’s how I know about it. They go through this company

Never used it but sounds expensive. $7 per month (depends on your location) plus $30 per day if you buy it by the day. I’m in the wrong industry.

You should double check that you really even need this. It’s stupid. This may be one of those ask for forgiveness rather than permission kind of things.

Reactions: paulwwww and 1bad
Go take a look a Verifly. It's an app where you can get instant insurance for you to fly your drone. It has stipulations to follow but super easy and worth it. In 5 minutes you'll have insurance and it's inexpensive.

$1m isn’t unreasonable ... think about it ..you fly your drone around and it malfunctions ..falls from the sky , lands in some dry forest , the battery explodes , huge forest fire potential , houses burnt down etc etc ...

You can’t just say oops forgot to get insured to the poor folk who’s houses you have burnt down with their insurance companies coming after you for everything...

I have $1,000,000 liability coverage through my USAA homeowner's insurance. Dropping it to $300,000 would save me all of $6 per year, so if you have homeowner's/renter's insurance, the cost of bumping it up to $1,000,000 should be minimal.

New York State requires $2mil.

• Wow
Reactions: paulwwww
If you join the AMA Academy Model Aeronautic they provide $ 2,500,000 personal liability insurance coverage but it becomes secondary and won't kick in if you have any other policy coverage.

If you join the AMA Academy Model Aeronautic they provide $ 2,500,000 personal liability insurance coverage but it becomes secondary and won't kick in if you have any other policy coverage.
Ama only covers you "if" you're flying from a sanctioned field. Not anywhere you fly.

Reactions: Cw4bray
Umbrella coverage for a $1 million is around $400 per year. It adds $1 million in coverage to all of your insurance including HO and auto. This is off topic, but the cost is not bad when you consider that it adds $1 million your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage as well as your auto liability coverage.

I’ve never had to do it but I always see it offered in AirMap when I get LAANC authorizations so that’s how I know about it. They go through this company

Never used it but sounds expensive. $7 per month (depends on your location) plus $30 per day if you buy it by the day. I’m in the wrong industry.

You should double check that you really even need this. It’s stupid. This may be one of those ask for forgiveness rather than permission kind of things.

They only cover Part 107 pilots. The price you quoted includes both liability and physical damage.

Fly anyway. Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. Amazing how many folks simply don’t understand this.

I have $1,000,000 liability coverage through my USAA homeowner's insurance. Dropping it to $300,000 would save me all of $6 per year, so if you have homeowner's/renter's insurance, the cost of bumping it up to $1,000,000 should be minimal.
Yea I need to call State Farm back first, thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman