DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

tested new firmware today..... set to 500 meters.... didn't go that high...but was not limited to 400 feet....... but the glitchy video feet to the tablet is back....

So...is this thread about the FW update or everything else.

I update FW and FSDBase via RC/iPad mini 4 via WiFi yesterday. no problem with the update. Too cold to fly, but might try today. BTW, NONE of the settings changed.

I attempted to install the new firmware for the better part of yesterday.Every single time it stops at 40% and fails to update(at least 10 attempts).I am using DJI assistant 2 with the Mavic connected via the USB,controller updated no problem.Just probably should leave things as is,not much to be gained with this update,but I hate getting that warning every time I boot up the device.Any suggestions on how to get the update to work?I also tried to do the update through WIFI/Crystalsky and that also was a no go.

Tried again this morning,really starting to tick me off.Every time it stops at 40%,re-boots and shows this screen,any help would be MUCH appreciated...........
upload_2018-2-11_8-44-15.jpeg

Fired mine up to reset some camera settings, saw the FW update, and did it without thinking. Haven't got to fly yet, but the FW update went without any issues, took about 20 minutes +/-. The Mavic battery was at 58% when I started, was at 50% on completion. Seemed to slow on the install a few times(would hang at a certain % for a while), but I left it alone to do it's thing. Said it was successful...

Trying,to do the update! It keeps stopping and giving a notice to "continue update" then it works for a while,and dose the same thing over again! It's took me almost a hour to get 8% downloaded!:mad: At this rate my battery's will be dead before I hit 50%!

I rolled back to 1.04.0100, the video on my Ipad mini 4 was bad choppy rotating left or right on 1.04.0300

1.04.0300 is unusable on my Galaxy S5. Extreme distortions and artifacts on the screen. I even did a full factory reset of my S5 and reinstalled only DJI Go 4. This made no improvement. How are others with the S5 fairing with this new update?

I cant even get the assistant to work on my pc anymore. Recognizes the mavic but thats about it, shows no firmware or anything. Use to not work doing it with my ipad but last two updates i used it and worked just fine.

I cant even get the assistant to work on my pc anymore. Recognizes the mavic but thats about it, shows no firmware or anything. Use to not work doing it with my ipad but last two updates i used it and worked just fine.

I had the same problem with the Assistant 2 (PC not Mac) not showing any firmware and the only option was the "Restore Factory Default Settings"

I uninstalled the Assistant 2 and downloaded it again and reinstalled it.

The Assistant 2 worked properly then, showing the current firmware as well as the previous versions. Go figure.

Trying,to do the update! It keeps stopping and giving a notice to "continue update" then it works for a while,and dose the same thing over again! It's took me almost a hour to get 8% downloaded!:mad: At this rate my battery's will be dead before I hit 50%!
Sorry to hear that you are having trouble Ron_Dog.

Reactions: Ron_Dog
I updated the FW with Assistant 1.2.0 on macOS High Sierra successfully.
When I started my MP the next time, DJI Go 4 still reported that a FW update is due. I went through the process and it's now all OK. I think this time an update of the RC AND the aircraft happened in succession. Blinking patterns of AC and the RC's ON/OFF switch indicate this.

Increasingly I begin to believe that DJI Assistant doesn't really have any useful functions I'd ever need. It might be a diagnostics tool for developers or in the lab, but not a tool for normal end users. The only thing I can think of is download of flight data. This never worked for me, and I can get this data from the memory card with less hassle.

Good Bye DJI Assistant, you can live on my Mac, but I won't talk to you for quite some time. Maybe I write a litte rant in a separate thread ;-)

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble Ron_Dog.
I finally got it downloaded and installed! Haven't had a flight with it yet though?

I had the same problem with the Assistant 2 (PC not Mac) not showing any firmware and the only option was the "Restore Factory Default Settings"

I uninstalled the Assistant 2 and downloaded it again and reinstalled it.

The Assistant 2 worked properly then, showing the current firmware as well as the previous versions. Go figure.

Thanks i will give that a try today!

Just completed the update! Failed x2 so restarted the ipad... installed update Go4 app... restarted the mavic and controller and it worked! Quick startup outside to get the map home point message. all ok

Try using a mobile device
It is a hit and miss using the assistant :(
I tried using my Crystalsky via wifi earlier and it went nowhere,but decided to try out my iphone.Instead of stopping at 40% it went all the way to 92% then stopped,tried a couple times with the same result.Good suggestion,almost there.I did upload my error log to DJI,does anyone know if that does any good?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan