DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New-to-me Mavic Pro

Gravity Wins

Reactions
My father-in-law has more disposable income and free time than he can manage, and as such, gets himself into and out of expensive toys. On my most recent visit he dropped a Mavic Pro and Inspire 2 on my lap. The Mavic was ready to fly, but the Inspire will need repairs to one arm, replacement props, and a new gimbal arm. Anyway, I've had a couple of cheap camera quads before and I fly fixed-wing and heli rc models so this isn't completely new territory for me. I am aware of the regulatory environment and responsibilities of the pilot etc. I like having the power to choose to fly responsibly instead of arrogantly presumptive software arbitrarily restricting my freedoms. That said, I went down a rabbit hole trying to override the no-fly zones which cover this entire city including both our FAA-registered and AMA chartered approved flying sites which have existed peacefully since 1954. So here is what I've done so far:

Using Windows 10 laptop and Nokia G300 (N1374DL) w/ Android 11

Found and installed DJI Assistant 2 version 1.1.2.
Used DUMLdore to flash Mavic firmware to 1.04.0300
Ran DJI Super Patcher Master which changed nothing
Ran DJI Super-NFZ Eraser Master which changed nothing
Re-flashed back to "stock" 1.04.0300
Figured out how to enable debug mode and followed digdat0's step-by-step video for changing parameters including removal of NFZ. A few of the parameters he edits did not match what shows up on my screen, specifically, the line about airports. I followed along and changed everything I could, yet, testing still shows "Aircraft in NFZ".
Tried to run earlier version (I think it was 4.1.2?) of DJI Go 4 app but it kept crashing at splash screen
Tried to edit APK of earlier app version but the "deejayeye" modding program wasn't working as expected.

What am I missing here? I'm getting quite frustrated of all these video tutorials and walkthroughs not matching up with what I'm seeing in the real world. I've spent many days reading and watching and dodging adverts and chasing my tail. I'm not looking for a debate as to the purpose of NFZ, either.

I have 2 of the M1P's and my house, depending on wind and flight pattern is about 100 yards inside a no fly zone. I downloaded and installed the No Limit Dronez software. it eliminated NFZ's and has other options as well. You might have to downgrade the software on the drone to the level the NLD will work, but well worth it

I have 2 of the M1P's and my house, depending on wind and flight pattern is about 100 yards inside a no fly zone. I downloaded and installed the No Limit Dronez software. it eliminated NFZ's and has other options as well. You might have to downgrade the software on the drone to the level the NLD will work, but well worth it
I was hoping to find a DIY method, but the NLD product or Drone Hacks license may be the most viable option if I can't get any other answers. Very frustrating that the Chinese software can't see through the class D airspace to the authorized flying sites beneath.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope