DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1 3 ghz vs 2 4 ghz vs 5 8ghz long range need help

Tonyt310

Reactions
Ok so I have the phantom 4 with my Flir Vue Pro thermal camera attached using 5 8ghz transmitter , does ok but I just purchased the MATRICE 300 and am going to move the flir vue pro to the Matrice which has insane range. The more I research long range antennas and transmitters all I get is 5.8. I know very little about this topic but I do know if I want a long range video signal then 2.4ghz and 1.3ghz is the way to go.
I use my drone to track coyotes at night. Where I do it from is a bit higher level than where the coyotes roam with almost no obstructions but a few trees.
Can someone who knows what their talking about please just tell me what I need to buy to get me a clear video feed for the longest distance. I do NOT use goggles I use a video reciever monitor. So what transmitter and receiever should I buy and which antennas should I buy. ? Tha k you so much in advance for your insight.
Tony

Ok so I have the phantom 4 with my Flir Vue Pro thermal camera attached using 5 8ghz transmitter , does ok but I just purchased the MATRICE 300 and am going to move the flir vue pro to the Matrice which has insane range. The more I research long range antennas and transmitters all I get is 5.8. I know very little about this topic but I do know if I want a long range video signal then 2.4ghz and 1.3ghz is the way to go.
I use my drone to track coyotes at night. Where I do it from is a bit higher level than where the coyotes roam with almost no obstructions but a few trees.
Can someone who knows what their talking about please just tell me what I need to buy to get me a clear video feed for the longest distance. I do NOT use goggles I use a video reciever monitor. So what transmitter and receiever should I buy and which antennas should I buy. ? Tha k you so much in advance for your insight.
Tony
This is an excellent video but don't want a ground station

Sorry that I can't really help you with that very much but I have been using the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced to track coyotes as well. And it has worked amazingly well at night.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a general rule the lower the frequency of your carrier the better it travels distance wise and the less trees will affect the signal. You might consider using a low light FPV style camera that uses 900MHz or 1.3GHz as it’s carrier frequency.

Is the coyote tracking in support of some conservation effort or other activity? Are the flights under recreational, Part 107, or under a CoA?

I've been using the Enterprise advanced for coyotes for the last year or two and just purchased the m30t. It is a game changer. I get significantly more distance and the zoom camera helps me with predator identification like I've never seen.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada