DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1.4.12-1420/1430 Compass on DJI Air 2 / DJI Smart Controller

WooHoo -

DJI just informed my that they can't find the log they are looking for on my drone, therefore they are denying me warranty coverage of my Smart Controller. Pretty sure the Smart Controller compass isn't logged on the drone, or if it is, a log shouldn't matter. Plus, if the log is gone, it is because a DJI tech support person had me do a FACTORY RESET of the Smart Controller - which formatted the SD card I had set to be primary storage. But the funniest part is I was syncing my logs automatically to the DJI cloud... go figure.

Oh well - at least it is only a $1,300 waste - could be worse.

• Sad
Reactions: Tufargon
DJI is sending me an invoice for the Smart Controller repair - they even bypassed the entire Quotation process. And this is all for a Smart Controller compass calibration error I could not have possibly caused - and the best parts of this fiasco are that the Smart Controller is known for compass issues, and the thing is only a few months old: purchased June of 2021.

So not only is DJI not honoring their written warranty, they are also charging me to fix a known problem with their product.

This entire experience just gets better by the week.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000