DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1.4.8 Android

If the RTH function button on the remote did not activate RTH then the controller had lost signal to the drone. After about 11 seconds of no connection the drone should automatically RTH. The app has no effect on this other then the setting you made for the RTH. (hover, land or return to home)

As a test for this you can fly out 100', unplug the display from the controller and then press the RTH button. The drone will return according to the RTH settings you have.

Reactions: Hasbul99 and DJayI
I just searched on Google for 'DJI Mini 2 Downloads' and it went to a DJI page with the correct number, if I search for just 'DJI Downloads' it goes to a different page with the incorrect number.

I just searched on Google for 'DJI Mini 2 Downloads' and it went to a DJI page with the correct number, if I search for just 'DJI Downloads' it goes to a different page with the incorrect number.
DJI probably has more than one page to access downloads and it seems that they always don't update the text properly on them all, but in most cases, if you download the linked file, you'll get the latest version. IOS links will always take you to the App Store.

I thought I would ask DJI why they don't use Google Play for the Android App, this was the reply from DJI Support:

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. The app you are using cannot be updated via Google Play due to technical reasons. The update channels for DJI apps have been adjusted due to Google Play technical adjustments.

You can visit DJI’s official website at DJI Fly - Download Center - DJI to download and install the latest apk file to update the app. There is no need to be concerned, as user experience, functions, and privacy protections on apps installed through DJI’s official website are still the same as before, so please feel free to use them.

Appreciated your kind understanding and cooperation!
Thanks for choosing DJI.
Best Regards
This didn't seem particularly clear, so I asked:
Can you please confirm what the 'technical reasons' are that prevent the app being updated from the Google Play Store? Also if there are plans to resolve this issue?

I note that the iOS version continues to go via the Apple App Store.

Regards
The response didn't really help:
Thanks for reaching back to us.

Regarding the reason of the DJI apps can not be updated via Google Play anymore, because the update channels for DJI apps have been adjusted due to Google Play technical adjustments.

We are actively communicating with the Google Play Store platform and making technical adjustments. We also want to solve this problem and hope our apps can be updated or downloaded via Google Play as soon as possible. It will take some time, please wait for it with patience.

Appreciated your kind understanding and feedback!

Thanks for choosing DJI.
Best Regards
Those pesky 'technical adjustments'...

Maybe DJI doesn’t “technically” trust Google

Who cares about Google play these days? App is available from their website and from Huawei AppGallery...1625838965463.png

Reactions: scoble08
What causes DJI's app not to be available in Google's own platform ...
... as Macinfo mentioned above "Maybe DJI doesn’t “technically” trust Google". Neither Googles Play Store nor Apples App Store are just offering only safe and honorable apps, even if they try to do their best ... ask DJI, maybe you'll get an answer that satisfies you

... as Macinfo mentioned above "Maybe DJI doesn’t “technically” trust Google". Neither Googles Play Store nor Apples App Store are just offering only safe and honorable apps, even if they try to do their best ... ask DJI, maybe you'll get an answer that satisfies you
Now I am 99% confused! I use a Huawei pod and want to upgrade to 1.4.8. Is it safe and WHERE can I do it?

I did ask DJI, Macinfo was replying to my post where I quoted DJI's response...

I wasn't worried before I contacted DJI, but I really am now.

Now I am 99% confused! I use a Huawei pod and want to upgrade to 1.4.8. Is it safe and WHERE can I do it?
... you can download the 1.4.8 from DJI's website, just search for your local site. The Link to a german site is here, maybe it will redirect you to the swedish site ?

In my opinion it is safe and there is no reason to worry about ;)

I did ask DJI, Macinfo was replying to my post where I quoted DJI's response...

I wasn't worried before I contacted DJI, but I really am now.
Perhaps I should have noted /sarcasm on the end of my note.. DJI is not forthcoming about why they don't put their software on the Play store, Google is probably not going to say anything either, and even if they did, I'd take it with a grain of salt, ie, not sure I'd trust what Google Says..

In any event, if you are on a valid DJI download site for an APK for the Android version of their software, I don't think you have anything to worry about.. If you are on IOS, I think you can download DJI apps in pretty good faith IMHO.. Nothing is perfect, but I think Apple goes miles (lightyears?) farther than Google does to keep unsafe software out of their App Store.

Perhaps I should have noted /sarcasm on the end of my note.. DJI is not forthcoming about why they don't put their software on the Play store, Google is probably not going to say anything either, and even if they did, I'd take it with a grain of salt, ie, not sure I'd trust what Google Says..

In any event, if you are on a valid DJI download site for an APK for the Android version of their software, I don't think you have anything to worry about.. If you are on IOS, I think you can download DJI apps in pretty good faith IMHO.. Nothing is perfect, but I think Apple goes miles (lightyears?) farther than Google does to keep unsafe software out of their App Store.
I got your sarcasm, seems to have gone over other's head though.

Doesn't stop me wondering why DJI can't just be open about what the issue is with Google Play.

AoYz8aY3M9vTlWzF-ioj7SviRIY9X-vyg2zFLt90r9yzScwUeVQ21bkRCDtGd15aILnc-n8nI_Gehjk0HVDDZ-tXrEtISjh2PFiv5v7u8uPZ0MOdqq3wTomI-hmz8okl1zXS1RZdv3stHdG8jMneag2xnrnoKlhmoeQ6ht2olwl-DkNlYvhwu7UTmg1UPYMjuc5IeFSeYlO81OEfRXGiCZotp0cQeSE4nvELvuC5CnVvoQce=s0-d-e1-ft
DJI Support (Support)
2021年7月11日 GMT+821:40
Thanks for reaching back to us.

We are sorry that we have not received a specific explanation about the technical reasons. We quite understand your concern and our app developer team know this request from you and our customers. We have proactively been pushing the concerned team. And as we mentioned before, our R&D team are actively communicating with the Google Play Store platform and making technical adjustments.

Please update or download the DJI Apps from our official website, the user experience, functions, and privacy protections on apps installed through DJI’s official website are still the same as before, so please feel free to use them. We also would like to remind you that you should only download apps from official channels. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hope it can be solved as soon as possible.

Appreciated your feedback and kind understanding!
Hide quoted text

Thanks for choosing DJI.
Best Regards...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MemphisDrone