DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1 metre speed mode has arrived for the Mini 3 pro !!!

Tried! Showed that I have latest RC firmware for some reason
This is the notes from DJI Support Team
Overview:
Date: 2023.03.28
Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0500
DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller Firmware: v04.14.0400
DJI RC Remote Controller Firmware: v01.02.0500
DJI RC Pro Remote Controller Firmware: v03.01.1200
DJI Fly App iOS: v1.9.8
DJI Fly App Android: v1.9.8

What’s New?
Added Reset All Settings and Clear All Data options. Refer to the Mini 3 Pro User Manual v1.6 for details.
Added Gain and Expo Tuning. The maximum flight speed, brake sensitivity, and other settings can be adjusted in different flight modes.

Notes:
Added features require DJI Fly v1.9.8 or later.
If update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and retry.

Reactions: Paul Iddon
This is the notes from DJI Support Team
Overview:
Date: 2023.03.28
Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0500
DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller Firmware: v04.14.0400
DJI RC Remote Controller Firmware: v01.02.0500
DJI RC Pro Remote Controller Firmware: v03.01.1200
DJI Fly App iOS: v1.9.8
DJI Fly App Android: v1.9.8

What’s New?
Added Reset All Settings and Clear All Data options. Refer to the Mini 3 Pro User Manual v1.6 for details.
Added Gain and Expo Tuning. The maximum flight speed, brake sensitivity, and other settings can be adjusted in different flight modes.

Notes:
Added features require DJI Fly v1.9.8 or later.
If update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and retry.

Here's the assistant app with the RC connected. Maybe DJI hasn't pushed the update to Europe yet?1680116990190.png

March has been crap hasn’t it, well in East Anglia anyway, pretty much a washout
Hopefully things should be improving soon.

with the DJI RC you can only get APP, updates when DJI decide to make them available ,normally during a firmware update
for IOS you need to go to the APP store to download them and for Android they can be found directly from the DJI download center

I may be flying in an empty, stationary, museum train carriage so will be perfect for this.

Philip Bloom campaigned for this mode (it's on his channel) so it's down to him, so we'll done that man...

Paul.
That sounds very cool.....

Reactions: Paul Iddon
Tested the 1m/s Cine mode yesterday, seemed to have an issue where the gimbal tilt speed would not obey the 1 degree/sec input, it worked on the ground without motors running but not once in the air.

I flicked between C/N/S on the DJI RC but gimbal tilt speed was not what was set in the menus, it was moving faster despite still showing 1 degree/sec in the menu.

It did work right at the end of my last flight so more testing required, just wondered if anyone else has noticed this?

I haven't tested the RTH - I have always (since the end of week 1 at least) brought her back manually.

I'll maybe do a test when I have finished a days filming and have enough battery left just to do this specifically...

Have others had issues on this forum?

Tested the 1m/s Cine mode yesterday, seemed to have an issue where the gimbal tilt speed would not obey the 1 degree/sec input, it worked on the ground without motors running but not once in the air.

I flicked between C/N/S on the DJI RC but gimbal tilt speed was not what was set in the menus, it was moving faster despite still showing 1 degree/sec in the menu.

It did work right at the end of my last flight so more testing required, just wondered if anyone else has noticed this?

You're not alone, my gimbal rotates way too fast despite minimum set in Cine mode

when you say gimbal tilt speed that has its own separate setting if you scroll down the screen in the menu gain and Expo Tuning ,you will see max control speed (tilt) and tilt smoothness below it dictates how the gimbal starts and stops that rotation

You're not alone, my gimbal rotates way too fast despite minimum set in Cine mode

I just flew the M3P and tested the gimbal tilt speed in all three modes, with tilt speed set to the minimum for Cine, mid for Normal, and max for Sport. Everything is working as it should, both on the ground without the props spinning and in flight.

I adjusted the "Max Control Speed (Tilt)" settings displayed immediately below the EXPO settings under About | Gain & Expo Tuning.

Fly app v 1.9.9
Aircraft firmware v 01.00.0500
Mini3 3 Pro
DJI RC

Reactions: old man mavic
I just flew the M3P and tested the gimbal tilt speed in all three modes, with tilt speed set to the minimum for Cine, mid for Normal, and max for Sport. Everything is working as it should, both on the ground without the props spinning and in flight.

I adjusted the "Max Control Speed (Tilt)" settings displayed immediately below the EXPO settings under About | Gain & Expo Tuning.

Fly app v 1.9.9
Aircraft firmware v 01.00.0500
Mini3 3 Pro
DJI RC
thanks for the info ,just as i mentioned in my post #36 above

Reactions: MS Coast
The M3P doesn't have precision landing for RTH. GPS location normally varies a bit over time.
Will keep an eye for this when I next fly. Have also heard issues where following firmware update their Mini 3 Pro landed 7 metres away on RTH

I tested the RTH today at Glasson Dock. It came down within 18-24 inches from the table I took off from. And the gimbal speed performed correctly too.

Paul.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661