DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1 metre speed mode has arrived for the Mini 3 pro !!!

I just flew the M3P and tested the gimbal tilt speed in all three modes, with tilt speed set to the minimum for Cine, mid for Normal, and max for Sport. Everything is working as it should, both on the ground without the props spinning and in flight.

I adjusted the "Max Control Speed (Tilt)" settings displayed immediately below the EXPO settings under About | Gain & Expo Tuning.

Fly app v 1.9.9
Aircraft firmware v 01.00.0500
Mini3 3 Pro
DJI RC

Fully understand it's working for most, but not all.
Just to update, & to help Roy:-
after a short flight, the gimbal pitch speed on BOTH modes (Cine & Normal) is currently governed by the Normal "Max Control Speed (Tilt)" setting -i've dropped this to 5 on Normal mode, just to gain a little more slow control across C & N.
(Sport mode is correct, fully independent).

Has anybody tested POI or spotlight mode at 1meter per second? Is it smooth?
@Flashheart , thanks for a good excuse to put the M3P up for a bit. I set the speed down to the minimum, 2.2 mph or 1.1 m/s, in Cine mode and tried both POI and Spotlight. But are absolutely buttery smooth.

Combined with the control over the rate of yaw and gimbal tilt, it's much easier to achieve slow, smooth, and consistent motion. This is a game changer for video.

Another update with no issues, but some very worthwhile new capabilities.

@Flashheart , thanks for a good excuse to put the M3P up for a bit. I set the speed down to the minimum, 2.2 mph or 1.1 m/s, in Cine mode and tried both POI and Spotlight. But are absolutely buttery smooth.

Combined with the control over the rate of yaw and gimbal tilt, it's much easier to achieve slow, smooth, and consistent motion. This is a game changer for video.

Another update with no issues, but some very worthwhile new capabilities.
Thanks for taking the time to check, MS Coast. That is good news, 1 meter per second with buttery smooth POI and spotlight mode will be a game changer for those low slow shots.

Reactions: MS Coast
Just look at the opening scene I did at Glasson Dock using 1 metre mode. Buttery is right....

Paul

I don't doubt that the 1-meter mode is buttery smooth, but I'm more interested in how smooth the 1mps mode is in Spotlight and POI mode. When MS Coast says it's 'buttery smooth,' that's all I needed to hear, as I know he is an experienced operator. I was originally skeptical because Phillip Bloom - who was a beta tester - reported that the M3P flew erratically at 1mps when used in POI and Spotlight modes.
Hopefully, I’ll get time to test it for myself this weekend.

Reactions: Paul Iddon
It's odd that Philip hasn't done a video about the upgrade yet. Hopefully he is just a bit to busy with the cats and he'll get round to it soon.

Reactions: Flashheart
Fully understand it's working for most, but not all.
Just to update, & to help Roy:-
after a short flight, the gimbal pitch speed on BOTH modes (Cine & Normal) is currently governed by the Normal "Max Control Speed (Tilt)" setting -i've dropped this to 5 on Normal mode, just to gain a little more slow control across C & N.
(Sport mode is correct, fully independent).
Thanks for pointing this out, mine was indeed only responding to whatever the gimbal tilt was set to in N mode, I've just refreshed the firmware and now the gimbal tilt is correctly responding to the independent settings in each mode, problem solved.

Thanks for pointing this out, mine was indeed only responding to whatever the gimbal tilt was set to in N mode, I've just refreshed the firmware and now the gimbal tilt is correctly responding to the independent settings in each mode, problem solved.
Despite working earlier today (indoors) it's doing it again unfortunately, just done some testing outside using 3 batteries and C mode gimbal tilt will only obey whatever speed is set in N mode.

Frustrating but at least I know how to get the speed I need by setting it in N mode.

Despite working earlier today (indoors) it's doing it again unfortunately, just done some testing outside using 3 batteries and C mode gimbal tilt will only obey whatever speed is set in N mode.

Frustrating but at least I know how to get the speed I need by setting it in N mode.
You probably already know this, but I'll toss it out for the group. DJI drones always take off in Normal mode, no matter where the switch is set. To get to Cine mode during flight you have to move the controller mode switch - from Normal to Cine or Cine to normal and back, etc.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
You probably already know this, but I'll toss it out for the group. DJI drones always take off in Normal mode, no matter where the switch is set. To get to Cine mode during flight you have to move the controller mode switch - from Normal to Cine or Cine to normal and back, etc.
Good point, although with 1 m/s operation being the primary goal, I imagine this would be noticed on the sticks pretty quickly, so I doubt that's the answer here.

Good point, although with 1 m/s operation being the primary goal, I imagine this would be noticed on the sticks pretty quickly, so I doubt that's the answer here.
If the sticks settings weren't substantially different in Cine and Normal, it wouldn't be noticeable. But in any case, it's very straightforward to rule this out during a flight.

That must be frustrating. Would you check and post the version numbers for the Fly app and the aircraft firmware?

Am I remembering that you changed the mode switch setting on the controller during a flight (away from Cine and back, for instance) and still had the same issue?

In Cine mode, is it only the gimbal tilt speed setting that is using the Normal values?

That must be frustrating. Would you check and post the version numbers for the Fly app and the aircraft firmware?

Am I remembering that you changed the mode switch setting on the controller during a flight (away from Cine and back, for instance) and still had the same issue?

In Cine mode, is it only the gimbal tilt speed setting that is using the Normal values?
The switch is in C when testing this, I'm aware the drone starts in N, but I have been switching to C after takeoff.
Yes it's only gimbal tilt affected.

DJI RC 01.02.0600
App 1.9.9
Aircraft 01.00.0500

The switch is in C when testing this, I'm aware the drone starts in N, but I have been switching to C after takeoff.

DJI RC 01.02.0600
App 1.9.9
Aircraft 01.00.0500

I concur - I have all the same versions & symptoms, despite reinstalling the firmware update via DJI Assistant 2.

DJI RC 01.02.0600
App 1.9.9
Aircraft 01.00.0500
I just put the M3P up to re-check the function of the Max Control Speed (Tilt) setting. It's working as it should, responding to the individual Cine, Normal, and Sport values. Versions on app and firmware are the same as yours.

I'm out of suggestions.

So, there are two cases with the same issue, both with the current app and firmware versions. Anyone else?

Drone.Hunter replied via DJI Forum earlier:-
"Set obstacle avoidance to Braking, then everything will work as it should. It's everyone's problem."
This does work for me 👍, but still disappointing that independent gimbal control is lost in Bypass mode.
What's the gimbal speed got to do with OA??
Can anybody please test this, to confirm if it's common feature?
...reading into his other posts, this has also been happening through previous firmware updates.

Last edited:
If the sticks settings weren't substantially different in Cine and Normal, it wouldn't be noticeable. But in any case, it's very straightforward to rule this out during a flight.
Of course.

If the settings weren't substantially different for Cine and Sport, it wouldn't be noticeable.

Since there is little if any functional value in setting C and N to the same settings, my original point stands, and it is very very likely (not 100% certain, better?) the pilot will be aware they are not in Cine.

Drone.Hunter replied via DJI Forum earlier:-
"Set obstacle avoidance to Braking, then everything will work as it should. It's everyone's problem."
This does work for me 👍, but still disappointing that independent gimbal control is lost in Bypass mode.
What's the gimbal speed got to do with OA??
Can anybody please test this, to confirm if it's common feature?
...reading into his other posts, this has also been happening through previous firmware updates.
Thanks for an excuse to fly the M3P. It's windy and raining, so I had to limit the flight to a covered outdoor porch.

Yes, I found that setting Obstacle Avoidance to Bypass caused the gimbal tilt speed to follow the Normal setting while in Cine mode. Setting OA to Off had no effect on gimbal tilt speed.

Note: This happened only with the aircraft in flight. Without the drone on the deck, the gimbal tilt speed followed the controller mode setting.

Just tested mine in flight. I'm having the same problem. Cine tilt setting seems to be ignore. The stick settings are working.

I tried changing the N setting to 5°, affected both C and N. Tried changing C setting, no effect.

Aircraft 01.00.0500
RC 01.02.0600
App 1.9.9

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661