DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1 Month old mini 3 pro RTH landed itself on ankle deep sea water. Help needed!

Lennox

Reactions
On Sunday Morning, I brought my 1 month old Mini 3 Pro to nearby beach to take video of a resort there. Then nightmare happened when after i decided to update my home point to RC, it somehow updated the home point on the sea. Not realizing that, when the battery is low, I tried to control it back to where me and my RC is but looking at the ''home point'', I saw that I am getting further from the ''home point''. Feared that I was the one making mistake, I trusted the DJI RTH function and press auto RTH. When it reach the home point, I was busy looking for the drone and listening to the drone while it descends as I couldn't see it anywhere near me. Then the RC suddenly disconnected to the drone, then I was horrified from what I saw, the drone landed on the sea in oppose to landing at where my RC is. I frantically ran to the sea and retrieved the drone and went straight to the nearby toilet to flush it with tap water and submerge in tap water. After that, I dry it as much as I can and drive straight to DJI service center. When arrived they requested me to file for warranty as my case was weird because I set the home point at RC but it randomly set it at sea. Currently awaiting replies from DJI team but so my question to the forum is, is this considered as pilot issue or manufacturer issue?

FYI, i do not have any fly away coverage as My country do not have it, I've approached DJI to request to get 1 for mine, but answer is not covered in my country. So I am quite worried and disappointed here.

Attached is my flight data :
1. Flight Data RC :FLIGHT DATA RC - Google Drive
2.Flight Record : FLIGHT RECORD - Google Drive
3. Video Cache : VIDEO CACHE - Google Drive

Anyone can help looking into the flight data RC because I couldnt view the .DAT file. Much appreciated!

I didn't look at the log file, but from the flight recording, it looks like you updated the home point to the drone's current location at that time and not the RC's current location, and when it went low battery, it returned to the drone's location at the time you set it.

You can update the home point to one of:
1- Drone's current location
2- RC location
3 - Any point on the map.

Seems yo like tried to do #2, but did #1.

Yeah it looks like I did updated to Drone's current location. But I was clicking it to go to RC location. Because the location of the drone was at the sea, I wouldn't have set it to the drone's location.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78