DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1000 miles for Free drone, continued

Made2Phly

Reactions
Over the course of this adventure, ( see post at Would You Drive A Thousand Miles for a Free Mavic Pro? ) John and I have become good friends -- ‘brother pilots” I like to say. In that spirit, I christened the rescued MPP the “Nephew.”

After three days in the rain, the Nephew spent the first night in a small, dry, 85-degree room in Michigan. The morning after arriving in Cincinnati, the A/C flew, or at least hovered. All four axes were fine, but the gimbal would not finish its opening dance. And as long as the A/C was running, the gimbal kept straining to finish up the dance. Seemed a good idea to shut it down and do some research. An injured ribbon cable seemed likely.

After extraordinary direct help from someone whose identity shall remain hidden, but whose initials are RFM, the gimbal now completes its dance in normal spastic fashion. So the Nephew flew high above East Fork Lake today near Cincinnati today.

And so ended just the first chapter of this amazing journey.

My new pilot brother lives not too far from, and on the scenic way to, the cottage in northern Michigan. COVID permitting, I am sure this summer we will dine on fish and fly above the morning fog on Lake Michigan. I can’t wait.

I ‘m sure many of you already know this, but they broke the mold after John materialized. A kinder, nicer, wiser, and more thoughtful fellow I cannot imagine.

Fly well and prosper.

Ed
Made2Phly

Nephew aloft.jpeg

a great story with a happy ending ,and a tribute to RFM ;) and his kindness, and the toughness of the great MPP

Great story with a happy ending. Enjoy ??

Over the course of this adventure, ( see post at Would You Drive A Thousand Miles for a Free Mavic Pro? ) John and I have become good friends -- ‘brother pilots” I like to say. In that spirit, I christened the rescued MPP the “Nephew.”

After three days in the rain, the Nephew spent the first night in a small, dry, 85-degree room in Michigan. The morning after arriving in Cincinnati, the A/C flew, or at least hovered. All four axes were fine, but the gimbal would not finish its opening dance. And as long as the A/C was running, the gimbal kept straining to finish up the dance. Seemed a good idea to shut it down and do some research. An injured ribbon cable seemed likely.

After extraordinary direct help from someone whose identity shall remain hidden, but whose initials are RFM, the gimbal now completes its dance in normal spastic fashion. So the Nephew flew high above East Fork Lake today near Cincinnati today.

My new pilot brother lives not too far from, and on the scenic way to, the cottage in northern Michigan. COVID permitting, I am sure this summer we will dine on fish and fly above the morning fog on Lake Michigan. I can’t wait.

I ‘m sure many of you already know this, but they broke the mold after John materialized. A kinder, nicer, wiser, and more thoughtful fellow I cannot imagine.

Fly well and prosper.

Ed
Made2Phly

View attachment 115324
My apologies for somehow I missed this post. I need to fix this.

After telling my friends and family about this adventure, their immediate response was “...you lost a drone and gained a friend.” ...Exactly.

I follow this story from the beginning and this is the way to go. Very nice adventure ending with 2 good friends. For one side a supportive wife supporting the husband adventures for a drone recovery and the other side a new friendship begin. I love this forum.

Fly well and prosper.

Ed
Made2Phly

View attachment 115324
I’m following this beautiful adventure. Hope someday you guys publish a book about this beautiful adventure of rescuing a drone and cherish the never ending friendship, and for us who have a common denominator which is flying drone. ?⚽️?

Fly well and prosper.

Ed
Made2Phly

View attachment 115324
I forgot that this story was unfolding on 2 threads, this one and "Would You Drive a Thousand Miles for a Free Mavic Pro."

John and I posted the end of this chapter of the adventure on the original thread, but not here. so here it is:

Posted by @RadioFlyerMan on Weds., November 11:

"The story continues even today between me and my new friend @Made2Phly...

The MPP sustained some damage to the gimbal and needed repairs. After a few communications, it was agreed that I’d take a stab at it. So I received the MPP, I was able to fix it, and then sent it back to him.

That was weird enough, but as days passed by, my new friend changed his goals and wanted to purchase a Mini 2 to add to his Air Force. Made sense to me. So after a few communications, we agreed that I would cancel my order for a new MPP, buy back the drone that I lost, that he recover with great peril and expense, that I repaired for him and sent back, that he flew a few times and then wanted something different.

To be continued... "

Posted by Made2Fly, on Thursday, November 12:

To RFM's ( @RadioFlyerMan) post script above, I would add that from early on, I had a sense that the MPP might be happier returning home: RFM had invested much time, energy, love and more in that AC. And his offer to purchase it was entirely "respectful," as he so eloquently put it.

And I, having put my prior MP on a smokestack, had an RC to send him. So now he can teach his family to fly while he is co-pilot. And so elapsed another cool chapter in the journey of that MPP.

By way of epilogue, I wanted an MM2 for flying in tight spaces. The bottom sensors cannot be turned off, so flying close, e.g. 6 - 12 inches or so, from the ground or surface underneath was not feasible. When I covered the bottom sensors, pitch and roll were not quite stable enough for precise maneuvering, such that I could not not have used the MM2 to shoot the clip below [video omitted].

In contrast, BTW, I could maneuver with enough precision with my M2P, as shown below [video omitted].

So, the Best Buy in Cincinnati now has an MM2 back in stock, perhaps as an open box special. And DJI is minus a Smart controller.

Meanwhile, I am a contented pilot.
e

I forgot that this story was unfolding on 2 threads, this one and "Would You Drive a Thousand Miles for a Free Mavic Pro."

John and I posted the end of this chapter of the adventure on the original thread, but not here. so here it is:

Posted by @RadioFlyerMan on Weds., November 11:

"The story continues even today between me and my new friend @Made2Phly...

The MPP sustained some damage to the gimbal and needed repairs. After a few communications, it was agreed that I’d take a stab at it. So I received the MPP, I was able to fix it, and then sent it back to him.

That was weird enough, but as days passed by, my new friend changed his goals and wanted to purchase a Mini 2 to add to his Air Force. Made sense to me. So after a few communications, we agreed that I would cancel my order for a new MPP, buy back the drone that I lost, that he recover with great peril and expense, that I repaired for him and sent back, that he flew a few times and then wanted something different.

To be continued... "

Posted by Made2Fly, on Thursday, November 12:

To RFM's ( @RadioFlyerMan) post script above, I would add that from early on, I had a sense that the MPP might be happier returning home: RFM had invested much time, energy, love and more in that AC. And his offer to purchase it was entirely "respectful," as he so eloquently put it.

And I, having put my prior MP on a smokestack, had an RC to send him. So now he can teach his family to fly while he is co-pilot. And so elapsed another cool chapter in the journey of that MPP.

By way of epilogue, I wanted an MM2 for flying in tight spaces. The bottom sensors cannot be turned off, so flying close, e.g. 6 - 12 inches or so, from the ground or surface underneath was not feasible. When I covered the bottom sensors, pitch and roll were not quite stable enough for precise maneuvering, such that I could not not have used the MM2 to shoot the clip below [video omitted].

In contrast, BTW, I could maneuver with enough precision with my M2P, as shown below [video omitted].

So, the Best Buy in Cincinnati now has an MM2 back in stock, perhaps as an open box special. And DJI is minus a Smart controller.

Meanwhile, I am a contented pilot.
e
Beautiful.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada