DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Free Mavic Pro Platinum

RadioFlyerMan

Premium Pilot
Reactions
There is an Mavic Pro Platinum lying on the ground, free for the taking. I’m sure some young, strong, adventurous person could manage to retrieve it. Personally, I do not want to get injured or die attempting to retrieve it.

Purchased in August 2018, with over 1500 flights, it has a Frankenstein makeup with a new motherboard, gimbal, bottom plate and landing gear legs. The lens is the best one I could find over the years, very good focus over the field of view. The flight characteristics of the AC firmware have been modified. The battery is new purchased this year.

The MPP was lost on 9/29/2020 about 6:37 PM. It has been rained on. I suspect the damage could be light. I disconnected from the AC, then reconnected to download the two videos on the SD card.

I know exactly where it is as I can see the LED lights. Of course by now the battery is dead. It lies on a the river bank above the Peshekee River, Champion Township, Michigan, near Van Riper State Park.

Here are the coordinates... good luck!

UPDATE: If you find it, text or call me. I’d like to know it found a home. The phone number is in the battery compartment.

UPDATE: It has been recovered by @Made2Phly at great risk and cost, gimbal repaired by me, sent back to @Made2Phly, who later changed his mind and wanted a different drone, and finally sold it back to me. A crazy series of events. And now we are good friends, and I continue to fly the “Nephew” (MPP).

Attachments

• 487E84CD-98EC-4010-B3C1-0AD7C63E5EA7.jpeg
    487E84CD-98EC-4010-B3C1-0AD7C63E5EA7.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Take a young adventurous person with you & go back for it
Yes, I suppose that is an option. But not convenient for the moment. I’d have to make a 680 mile round trip and 12 hours of driving. Then there is the logistics of the location. Let’s just say that it’s in a location that is a mountainous, wilderness area with fast moving streams that must be crossed. It’s not impossible.

Now, combine the aforementioned with the fact that I’m old (73), fully insured via StateFarm, and I just ordered a brand new one from Amazon. ? It took me an hour of discussion with my wife (who is supportive of me not drowning in the Peshekee River) to just move on.

One other comment. The crash was totally my fault. It was cloudy, overcast while trying to get low shots of the river. And get this... once I crashed and realized a sinking feeling I was in deep trouble, it started to rain heavily as I tried to search for it, find its location and assess the potential for recovery... and it was getting dark. It was like attending Mozart’s funeral in the movie “Amadeus”.

whoooo eeee: that is WAY up north. Gotta get there before the snow flies.
Yup. If you come to a bridge south of the site, you can make your way on the western side of the Peshekee River. Then maneuver through the trees on the river bank to the drone location roughly 1/4 mile away. It’s experienced about two days of rain. The winter snow will either ruin it or push it into the river.

Aw man, sorry about your loss RadioFlyerMan.

Maybe a Kayaker will stumble upon it while cruising down the river.

Glad to hear you're getting another one. ?

Thanks. A kayak is one of the ways my wife and I were discussing. Another way is to directly wade directly across the river. Problem is that it is darkly colored with tannins and you can’t judge depth and bottom makeup. The Peshekee River appears to flow deep and fast at the crash site. The last option is to hike (more like crawl) over a 1/4 mile down the western bank from the nearest bridge with wilderness brush and shear cliffs in the way. Very hazardous. You have to see it to grasp the difficulty.

I wasn’t in a position to make a go at it, so yesterday we had to walk away. However, I have been in contact with a pilot that is going to make an attempt. Hope it works out.

Hey!!! I just got a phone call... It’s been recovered! I’m glad. ? The trick was a kayak. More details to come...

Hey!!! I just got a phone call... It’s been recovered! I’m glad. ? The trick was a kayak. More details to come...

Good deal. ?

Can't wait for the story.

It's great you had enough battery and signal range to download the videos/pictures.
Yes. As it turns out, the crash video I downloaded immediately after the AC went down was the primary key for its recovery.
And, after 4 days in the rain, the battery still worked indicating one dot.

A great adventure and successful treasure hunt. More details to follow, once we are back to civilization.
My new MPP is to arrive on Wednesday! I’m having withdrawal symptoms. Especially while coming home through Manistique. They have the best atmospheric conditions for big sky cloud systems!

Sorry to hear about your crash BUT glad it was recovered. How did you download the two videos remotely? Or am I misunderstanding
Thanks
I was recording at the time of the crash. The crash location was approximately 700 ft from home point, and home point was higher. So my signal was strong. Immediately after the crash, I did a CRC. Then I realized I still had live video. In my panic mode and because it was starting to rain, I turned the RC off. A few minutes later in an attempt to further locate the drone, I turned the RC back on. It reconnected. So I downloaded videos from the AC remotely in Go 4. I was surprised it worked, because I never do it that way. As a result, it helped me find the drone.

Last edited:
An epic journey across Michigan's upper peninsula ends with my... "final flight".
And thanks to @Santoli, the journey continues.

Last edited:
Absolutely stunning!

The composition of Mozart and your editing skills with the production just blows me away.

Thank you so much for sharing. ?

Thank you, sir.

Reactions: Bradders71
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll