DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1000nits rc!

My Samsung21+ mentions in the manual 1300nits, in my view, if you want a brighter screen maybe upgrade you mobile.
Not sure if its true but I heard it will only run at 1300nits on auto and you cannot lock it to manual. As the battery gets depleted it adjusts the screen brightness back down to save on battery power.
Any idea if this is true?

Not sure if its true but I heard it will only run at 1300nits on auto and you cannot lock it to manual. As the battery gets depleted it adjusts the screen brightness back down to save on battery power.
Any idea if this is true?
Properly true haven't checked it, when battery run low it switches to bat.safe mode, but a charged phone lasts more than 3 batteries on drone.

Properly true haven't checked it, when battery run low it switches to bat.safe mode, but a charged phone lasts more than 3 batteries on drone.
It will only run that (1300 Nits) for short bursts, due to the heat generated combined with ambient temps, not so much battery power. Like all mobile devices (Phones/Tabs, Apple being the worse) it will then throttle the screen and processor to "Save" itself from meltdown. Only DJI devices/controllers are purposefully built with cooling (Fans and heatsinks) to sustain the 1000 nits output for all flights.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave-in-Elland
O
It will only run that (1300 Nits) for short bursts, due to the heat generated combined with ambient temps, not so much battery power. Like all mobile devices (Phones/Tabs, Apple being the worse) it will then throttle the screen and processor to "Save" itself from meltdown. Only DJI devices/controllers are purposefully built with cooling (Fans and heatsinks) to sustain the 1000 nits output for all flights.
OK iam new to all this thanks for advice

Don't forget the Tripltek android tablet @1200nits. It will run all day in any heat at 1200 nits

I love my Tripltek Pro 8 also, never had it decrease using at least 3 batteries flying time in 75 deg heat.

And if you have an HDMI out on your controller, like the SC, then you can use the Feelworld 7 inch monitor which is an amazing 2,200NITS of brightness and you can buy one for $235 or less.

And I ALSO love my Tripltek 8 PRO. Fly with it everyday at full brightness, and the last couple of days it's been in the 90's. It never breaks a sweat, and I usually fly out all 3 of my batteries in rapid succession. Next to my MA2, it's been my best investment!

Purchased my Tripltek 7"PRO a while back and it works great.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard