DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

107 course

How long does it take to do the 107 course online?
Which course? There are a lot of different ways to study for the 107 both free and paid.

I used UAV Coach Drone Pilot Ground School. It costs a few bucks, but it was well worth it. Great tutorials, lessons and information. Their cram sheet and practice tests were a huge help as well. I took the lessons on and off for 4-6 weeks, repeated a few that I was unsure of and scored a 97% (58 out of 60).

Basically that all depends on how much time you invest.
I am in no way affiliated with it but I used Gold Seal and found it to be a great course. I followed their instructions and passed my Part 107 on the first try. Also they are an "approved vendor" that supports this site. They offer a free trail so check them out.

I used UAV Coach Drone Pilot Ground School. It costs a few bucks, but it was well worth it. Great tutorials, lessons and information. Their cram sheet and practice tests were a huge help as well. I took the lessons on and off for 4-6 weeks, repeated a few that I was unsure of and scored a 97% (58 out of 60).

Im in canada

Yep, Gold Seal does give you a free trial. It's also developed and taught by FAA flight instructors.
Here's the link and a discount in my signature below.

www.UAVGroundSchool.com

It depends on the course. If you're looking to take one, you can find a list of commonly used FAA Part 107 courses here.

I was under the impression that you have to take Part 107 test at a testing facility?

I studied by myself using the Gary Glenn video and his $39 pdf test questions, Tony Northrup video and Better B Roll video. Studied thoroughly for 3-4 weeks until confident and then scheduled my test. Scored 92%. Gary's video helped me the most. Pay attention to what he recommends - it works! I finally received my card from the FAA. It took more than 60 days. It came just when I was starting to get worried that it got lost in some bureaucratic nonsense. Good luck in whatever you decide your path is to your certification. :)

Reactions: cwlewis123
It depends on the course. If you're looking to take one, you can find a list of commonly used FAA Part 107 courses here.
Im in canada, so I guess I have to do a basic course as of june 2020 in order to fly my drone, its a difficult course put on with Transport Canana, apparently half the course is saftey, other half is **** not related to flying the drone, guess mine will be up for sell, government dont want drones, so much for kids flying

We estimate that most people will spend 15-25 hours in study with the Gold Seal course.
www.UAVGroundSchool.com.

Here's a free sample test you can try to see what kind of questions are covered. No sign-up required:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki