DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

107 Currency Issues?

Chaosrider

Reactions
I got my 107 through the shorter path allowed for current general aviation pilots.

However, my BFR is due by the end of next month.

Do I need to get that done to keep my 107 "current"? What are the other "currency" requirements, if any?

Thx,

Reactions: GFields
You need to have the flight review and be current Part 61 in order to take the the online test for 107 holders that are also part 61. Your test is for recurrency under 107 is ALC-515.

From the FAA site:

Part 107 remote pilots who are also certificated with a current flight review under part 61:
I already have my 107. My BFR is good to the end of next month.

So if I took the recurrency course for my 107 tomorrow, and then let my BFR lapse, would that impact my 107 at all?

Thx!

I already have my 107. My BFR is good to the end of next month.

So if I took the recurrency course for my 107 tomorrow, and then let my BFR lapse, would that impact my 107 at all?

Thx!
To take the 107 recurrency exam (for part 61 pilots) you need to be current when you take the test. Your scenario is one I am not too sure of but it would seem that having fulfilled the requirements prior to taking the recurrency test, you would be 107 current for the next 24 months.

But as I said I am not 100% on that, might want to ask @BigAl07 or @Vic Moss

Reactions: maggior and BigAl07
As of a couple of years ago you can now take the online recurrency as a RPIC (just like Manned Pilots could all along). Your BFR is not tied to your Part 107 any longer so you're good to go.

If you want to get this information "in writing" drop your question in an email to:
[email protected]

They will give you the "official" reply and you can "take that to the bank".

Yes, you just take ALC-677, since you're technically not a Part 61 pilot at the moment. Activities, Courses, Seminars & Webinars - Course Overview - FAA - FAASTeam - FAASafety.gov

I reached out to the good folks at the email above when @Ty Pilot tagged me. Steve answered me this morning...

"Hi Vic

Yes...absent a current flight review ALC-677 is the appropriate course for updating recency of aeronautical knowledge.

(Don't get the idea, we work weekends...my wife is out of town and I'm just perusing the Inbox with a cup of coffee!)

Regards...Steve
"

They're good folks there.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat