DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

107 EXAM SCORES—Thoughts and questions

Bet you have FCC license also. KD5FB here. 73's
Hello KD5FB. 73 also! Yes pt. 107. And NOAA, NWS creds. And FEMA and some more.
I run simplex 146.52 and travel nationwide so I QSO with a lot of people. May CQ and hear you come back some day. Let’s talk Mavic!
Many on air are RC or 107 and some 61 pilots now too. A few commercial pilots just coming or going for work at their local airports. Talk with them going there, hear them with ATC. A great crossover license for sure! I get onto ATC around some of the B and C airports to learn a lot. A few D. Yes there IS a big difference in comms between DFW and
ORD and others. Good to hear the different processes at different B and C airports. ORD is tough to follow depending on which runway you want to dial into like other multi-ATC freqs. in a single airport.
Sometimes I run on 75cm also depending on the area. Some 6m and 10m depending on day or night while waiting for next KP cycle—next year. If I am in an area for a day, maybe some repeaters. I get onto ISS repeater briefly often to really get a jump. No operators onboard now but had brief QSOs with them before.
There are a lot of good crossover uses between RC and radio. I used it a lot.

KI5RLL

LoudThunder, your answer is crystal clear on the nuances and importance of 100% pilot knowledge. Thank you!
I want to back track a bit on my response to "End of the Story…" I want to be perfectly clear that I do not think 100 percenters are the only good option when it comes to hiring. Anybody who scores high worked very hard to achieve that score and in many cases, they might even feel hurt that they did not score higher and will go back and try to figure out what they missed and will not make that mistake again and in some cases that might count for more…

There was a TV show a long, long time ago, 1964-1965, call "The Tycoon" staring Walter Brennan as a cantankerous and eccentric millionaire who ran a major company (I think aircraft…) and in one of the shows, he was interviewing engineers. His staff brought in some of the smartest candidates for the major universities, but he also wanted to give a less scholarly engineer a chance.

The task was to resolve a way to assemble the engines without the assemblers have to move all over the place to assemble the engines. The very smart candidates were busing themselves designing ways to spin or flip the engines around so the assemblers did not have to keep changing places.

The less scholarly engineer just seemed lost and merely doodled as the others designed the various solutions.

When time was up, the "smart" candidates turned in all sort of design plans that required retooling the assembly line; the less scholarly engineer candidate turned in a single piece of paper. It said, "Put Left Handed assemblers on one side of the engine and Right Handed assemblers on the other side or the engine…" and that solved the problem without retooling and he as well as some of the others were hired…

Even as a kid, I remember that and it served as a "Life Lesson" for me… “If you're the smartest person in the room, maybe you're in the wrong room.”

I want to back track a bit on my response to "End of the Story…" I want to be perfectly clear that I do not think 100 percenters are the only good option when it comes to hiring. Anybody who scores high worked very hard to achieve that score and in many cases, they might even feel hurt that they did not score higher and will go back and try to figure out what they missed and will not make that mistake again and in some cases that might count for more…

There was a TV show a long, long time ago, 1964-1965, call "The Tycoon" staring Walter Brennan as a cantankerous and eccentric millionaire who ran a major company (I think aircraft…) and in one of the shows, he was interviewing engineers. His staff brought in some of the smartest candidates for the major universities, but he also wanted to give a less scholarly engineer a chance.

The task was to resolve a way to assemble the engines without the assemblers have to move all over the place to assemble the engines. The very smart candidates were busing themselves designing ways to spin or flip the engines around so the assemblers did not have to keep changing places.

The less scholarly engineer just seemed lost and merely doodled as the others designed the various solutions.

When time was up, the "smart" candidates turned in all sort of design plans that required retooling the assembly line; the less scholarly engineer candidate turned in a single piece of paper. It said, "Put Left Handed assemblers on one side of the engine and Right Handed assemblers on the other side or the engine…" and that solved the problem without retooling and he as well as some of the others were hired…

Even as a kid, I remember that and it served as a "Life Lesson" for me… “If you're the smartest person in the room, maybe you're in the wrong room.”
That is a great story, and one I will take to heart. Again, thank you for your insight. It's people like you who make this forum so good!

Reactions: LoudThunder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada