DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

107 License in Texas

Zer0Cool

Reactions
Hi everyone -

I have been flying for around 2 years now on my Mini 2 and Mini 3 Pro and want to try and start taking on side jobs but would like some input on the matter. Will a Mini 3 Pro with a few intelligent batteries and a DJI RC get the job done for some drone side work? Where in everyone's opinion is the best site to obtain a 107 license from as well and I do have the little 105 and thanks in advance.

Save Time, Money, and Confusion Hit the link for Pilot institute in Mavic3usa's post.
you will be glad you did!
That drone would work well for many things it all depends on what you plan to do with the drone really.!
Ah Abilene! Before My move to California, I was down the interstate from you in Midland. Probably some good stuff to do for drone work there. You could probably make some cash doing oilfield and ranch fence-line security. For that you may need a bigger Drone at times..

Hello from the Crossroads of America Zer0Cool.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Where in everyone's opinion is the best site to obtain a 107 license

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Since you asked, my recommendation is also with Pilot Institute's Part 107 Made Easy Course. They have a money back guarantee if you fail the exam and they will pay for your re-test…

They also offer a complete web site for the student body to share information and ask questions…

I took their course and I aced the Part 107 Exam. Each area of the subject matter has its own video lesson. Some are only a few moment long, all less than ten-minutes. There are quizzes along the way so it's easy to judge your progress and they also offer numerous Free Courses…

Good Luck!

Fly Safe…

Reactions: GFields and MA2 317
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
There’s many knowledgeable members willing to help you with any questions you may have. Search the forum using keywords and if you don’t find an answer, post your questions and I’m sure you’ll get a quick response!
Fly safe and stay safe!

Hi everyone -

I have been flying for around 2 years now on my Mini 2 and Mini 3 Pro and want to try and start taking on side jobs but would like some input on the matter. Will a Mini 3 Pro with a few intelligent batteries and a DJI RC get the job done for some drone side work? Where in everyone's opinion is the best site to obtain a 107 license from as well and I do have the little 105 and thanks in advance.
Hello from Hamilton, Canada.

The answer depends entirely on what you plan to do with your drones, what these side jobs are.

If you are looking to do photography, like real estate, and other projects needing 4K quality video, the Mini 3 Pro has great dynamic range, great flight time. I've even done an orthomorphic map with my Mini 3 (but only grid missions were possible in Pix4D).

If you plan on doing anything involving accuracy, though, you'll need something like a Mavic 3 Enterprise, or its cousins the Thermal or Multispectral, depending on the job. If you are doing serious cinematography, you can probably get away with a Mavic 3 Pro or Air 3, but I have heard that many production companies will only work with Inspire series drones.

Need to work in inclement weather, like for public safety or for other critical work? You'll need a Matrice series drone.

So, again, it depends on what the "side work" is.

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigben123