DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

107 study tips and info

FGHTFIRE05

Reactions
Hey I’m sure this has been a topic before but ima ask again. What’s the best way to study for 107 exam is it better to do a online class (if so what do you recommend) or to just study elsewhere thanks for your help. I want too learn and be as safe as possible with the advantage of being legit Incase I want too make money in the future. Thanks for your help and info.

You can find a list of commonly used FAA Part 107 study resources here. If you don't want to pay for one of the courses listed there, you should have no trouble passing if you use the listed Study Guides and Practice Tests.

You can find a list of commonly used FAA Part 107 study resources here. If you don't want to pay for one of the courses listed there, you should have no trouble passing if you use the listed Study Guides and Practice Tests.

Good info, I didn’t buy an online lesson but I just used the study guides FAA provides along with their practice test, also watch the Tony Northrup videos on YouTube, he’s really good.

Also, buy a sectional map for your area, they are sold on Amazon. There is so much information in those things and they are actually fun to study. Good luck with your test!

Thanks! This is helpful.

I recently past my 107 just this month. I took a course that was offered by the local community college.
I feel as though the live class room experience offered a greater understanding to the material, because
other people have questions of and ways of understanding the content that can be very beneficial to your
study. Ask yourself do want to pass the test on memory or understanding, because if you understand you
can make educated guesses ( and there will be opportunity for guesses), and not just cross your fingers and
roll the dice. I got a 90 on the test, another guy in the class got a 98 I do not believe I would have
gotten that score had I lone wolfed it.

Reactions: Thomas B
I recently past my 107 just this month. I took a course that was offered by the local community college.
I feel as though the live class room experience offered a greater understanding to the material, because
other people have questions of and ways of understanding the content that can be very beneficial to your
study. Ask yourself do want to pass the test on memory or understanding, because if you understand you
can make educated guesses ( and there will be opportunity for guesses), and not just cross your fingers and
roll the dice. I got a 90 on the test, another guy in the class got a 98 I do not believe I would have
gotten that score had I lone wolfed it.
Congrats!

Thanks for all the info. I believe ima check in the community college and see if they offer a class local to me. Thanks again for your info and tips.

Reactions: BigAl07
Also, what I have been using a APP called PREPWARE REMOTE PILOT for UAS.
I like because it has a study section and a test section grading you. I am retired but still like to be busy, so when ever I get a chance I study. When, I am waiting at Doctors office, getting car re[paired as examples. A nice way to study, it keeps track of wrong answers, so you can do research and retake the test as many times as you wish until you get it correct. And, app is totally free.

Reactions: Milo187
Thanks for all the info. I believe ima check in the community college and see if they offer a class local to me. Thanks again for your info and tips.

You might want to check in with Piedmont Virginia Community College as they have an EXCELLENT Public Safety sUAS program so I wouldn't be surprised if they have another program for non Public Safety. I've actually trained for PVCC on the past.

You might want to check in with Piedmont Virginia Community College as they have an EXCELLENT Public Safety sUAS program so I wouldn't be surprised if they have another program for non Public Safety. I've actually trained for PVCC on the past.
Public safety would be just fine also as I’m a first responder and my dept is purchasing a drone and gonna certify us on for rescue oops, I just want the 107 for myself and my mavic.

Reactions: BigAl07
I just passed my test two days ago. I went through Tony's video three times, studied my notes made while watching the video and then completed two practice tests. The exam was a little harder than I expected but easy to pass. Had lots of sectional chart questions, so I would concentrate on those. And as AMann said above.....Tony Northrup is good.

Clif

I used Dronelaunch and watched the video posted in another thread here by Tony Northrup just to make sure...passed today...well worth the money

I used RemotePilot101. Lifetime use of the site, good customer service and passed both initial and recert no problem. On my recert I also used the Prepware Remote Pilot app which is excellent!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54