DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

107 Test or simply the recreational good enough?

nutsnbolts

Reactions
So I'm curious. If you are not going to do any type of commercial work with the drone. Is there any real reason to go the other route and take the FAA Part 107? I mean aside from going through the test and covering all bases (if you pass). Is there any one that went and spend the extra $$$ to get the test done versus just simply registering your drone if you don't do any "professional" work?

The only immediate reason I can think of is that you could fly in class G airspace without notification. Though, I suppose it's possible there could be insurance ramifications to flying under 107 if your homeowner's or renter's policy would normally cover liability for hobby flights.

The only immediate reason I can think of is that you could fly in class G airspace without notification. Though, I suppose it's possible there could be insurance ramifications to flying under 107 if your homeowner's or renter's policy would normally cover liability for hobby flights.

That's a good point! Never thought about the insurance dependencies and what not.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lapointlu