DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1080 60FPS

prholley

Reactions
So has anyone else noticed the same thing I have recently? My 1080 video used to be complete trash, really unusable for anything for the most part. A couple of days ago my firmware updated, and I thought for ***** and grins I would try some 1080 video to see if there was any change. Holy cow, my 1080 might look **** close if not the same to the untrained eye as my 2.7. And I really like the ability to have so many options for FPS, as well as the ease of handling/managing the content. This might become my normal shooting mode now for everyday use. Anyone else notice this?

Haven't tried myself. After the first few rubbish 1080p videos I just stuck to 4K.

I'll take a look in the next few days once weather clears up and see if it's better on my end.

So has anyone else noticed the same thing I have recently? My 1080 video used to be complete trash, really unusable for anything for the most part. A couple of days ago my firmware updated, and I thought for ***** and grins I would try some 1080 video to see if there was any change. Holy cow, my 1080 might look **** close if not the same to the untrained eye as my 2.7. And I really like the ability to have so many options for FPS, as well as the ease of handling/managing the content. This might become my normal shooting mode now for everyday use. Anyone else notice this?
I'm going to make a guess here. Forgive me if I'm wrong... But, I would guess that you have a standard 1080p monitor, 1920x1080 resolution or less...? You wouldn't be able to see the difference between 1080p and higher resolutions. That said, it sounds like 1080p is a good fit for your system. I've shot a few videos at 2.7k, but have been glued to 4k for the most part.

There was an update which improved the 1080 60 fps video for some models depending on when they were made.

Reactions: Jrpeh
That is a correct guess, and I agree it would be hard to distinguish between the two, they both look great (now). My point was that up until a week ago, the 1080 looked terrible, even on my older system. Now it looks equal to 2.7 on my setup. Was just curious if other had discovered their 1080 footage is actually usable now.
I'm going to make a guess here. Forgive me if I'm wrong... But, I would guess that you have a standard 1080p monitor, 1920x1080 resolution or less...? You wouldn't be able to see the difference between 1080p and higher resolutions. That said, it sounds like 1080p is a good fit for your system. I've shot a few videos at 2.7k, but have been glued to 4k for the most part.

Reactions: Qoncussion

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes